My teamspeak server

Mostly PC, but console and mobile too
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

It broke when I allowed the server to install the updated version of .net. It broke teamspeak. I have been too busy to look into fixing it beyond looking to see if there was an updated TS server executable... as of a week ago, there wasn't.

So I'll revert the windows home server update when I have the time, but I doubt anyone is missing it so I am not really in a rush.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Not missing it at the moment, no. If you get on to multi, it will be missed, so have it fixed before then...
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

.Net broke Team Speak?
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Malcolm wrote:.Net broke Team Speak?
Yeah, it happens to the PS3 media Server from time to time, so I was actually cringing when I allowed .net to update. I knew immediately what broke TS when I heard TS wasn't working.

Windows Home Server doesn't seem to have a "restore" function, either, so now I'm not sure what to do about it.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

What versions of TS and, I assume the latest .Net? What's the error message from TS?

Edited By Malcolm on 1430583524
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Later, I'm on my way out the door, but I can tell you TS just will not launch. The icon appears in the system tray just long enough for your eye to register it, then it is gone. There is no active process after that.

I should just let you VNC into the server, shouldn't I. :-D
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Some cursory googling returns nothing obvious.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I was running the 64 bit version before it broke....

Was just researching the issue, and loaded the 32 bit version, and that version is working. If you get a free moment try and connect and let me know yes or no. To my knowledge I still have the same IP.... I don't remember which one i originally gave everyone.

tl;dr: My TeamSpeak server is working.
Leisher
Site Admin

My teamspeak server

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”