Blizzard

Mostly PC, but console and mobile too
Stranger

Blizzard

Post by Stranger »

also, higher and higher levels of gear drop as you increase the levels, giving you incentive to up the difficulty.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
TheCatt
Site Admin

Blizzard

Post by TheCatt »

Stranger wrote: 've been playing it again myself too, season 17 just started a week or so ago and i've got a level 65 demon hunter i'm playing right now. But you are way wrong on only 5 difficulty levels. i think after you hit level 60 or 70 all of the torment difficulties open up, so if your playing expert you are basically on the 3 easiest of 20 difficulty levels.
Ah. We're only level 45...

What do seasons mean? We're just doing the normal play-through.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Stranger

Blizzard

Post by Stranger »

TheCatt wrote: What do seasons mean?
seasons are basically a 3 month long period where you need to start with a level 1 character and get as far as you can. You get increasingly more difficult tasks you need to accomplish and get certain gear and rewards for doing so, these items can only be received in season play mode.

You must click the season box when creating your character to play in season mode, so if you didn't then you would need to create a new one. Good thing about season is that you don't have to play story mode and can go straight to adventure mode where you can run bounties and rifts, much faster and more fun than the slow and plodding story mode.

https://news.blizzard.com/en-us/diablo3 ... s-now-live
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
TheCatt
Site Admin

Blizzard

Post by TheCatt »

Stranger wrote: You get increasingly more difficult tasks you need to accomplish and get certain gear and rewards for doing so, these items can only be received in season play mode.
Can you pass those items on to future characters? Or is everything reset after 3 months?
Stranger

Blizzard

Post by Stranger »

TheCatt wrote: Can you pass those items on to future characters? Or is everything reset after 3 months?
Yes. When the season ends your character changes over to a non seasonal and all your items you received will go along with them. You can then play them as normal and store and trade items among your other non seasonal characters because they all share the same storage.

You just can't trade items to another seasonal character, they all have to start from scratch.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
TheCatt
Site Admin

Blizzard

Post by TheCatt »

Stranger wrote: Yes. When the season ends your character changes over to a non seasonal and all your items you received will go along with them. You can then play them as normal and store and trade items among your other non seasonal characters because they all share the same storage.
Interesting.

I tried to start a seasonal character the other day, and died pretty quickly.
Stranger

Blizzard

Post by Stranger »

yeah, if you start from level 1 and go right into adventure mode (which you should do) and pick a bounty on say Act 3, you will get overwhelmed pretty quickly, even on normal mode, but you will level so much faster. You can easily get to level 20 in 60-90 minutes.

Just a little tip while your leveling: always wear a Leoric's Crown and put the biggest red gem into it that you can find. . They are a very common legendary drop and they will accelerate your leveling process by quite a bit.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
TheCatt
Site Admin

Blizzard

Post by TheCatt »

Stranger wrote: yeah, if you start from level 1 and go right into adventure mode (which you should do) and pick a bounty on say Act 3, you will get overwhelmed pretty quickly, even on normal mode, but you will level so much faster. You can easily get to level 20 in 60-90 minutes.

Just a little tip while your leveling: always wear a Leoric's Crown and put the biggest red gem into it that you can find. . They are a very common legendary drop and they will accelerate your leveling process by quite a bit.
We started on Expert, stayed in Act 1, and got destroyed until we were around Level 7. Killed repeatedly, etc, etc. But now we're level 26, and only died once since L7.

How do I get a Leoric's Crown? Or is that the "common legendary drop" you mean? Haven't seen one yet.
Stranger

Blizzard

Post by Stranger »

TheCatt wrote: We started on Expert, stayed in Act 1, and got destroyed until we were around Level 7. Killed repeatedly, etc, etc. But now we're level 26, and only died once since L7.
So did you start all over in season mode? are you playing campaign or adventure mode?
TheCatt wrote: How do I get a Leoric's Crown?
Usually they just drop and are pretty common, i'm surprised you haven't come across one yet by level 26.

maybe this will help you:

https://www.icy-veins.com/d3/items/leor ... planations
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
TheCatt
Site Admin

Blizzard

Post by TheCatt »

Stranger wrote: So did you start all over in season mode? are you playing campaign or adventure mode?
We have one set of characters playing in campaign mode. Non-seasonal.

We have another set of characters (the L26 ones) that are seasonal, in adventure mode. We completed all of the Act I bounties.
Stranger

Blizzard

Post by Stranger »

i know that i've got some spare Leoric Crowns of differing levels hanging around in my non seasonal storage, i could always give you some of those if you're playing this on PC.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
TheCatt
Site Admin

Blizzard

Post by TheCatt »

Stranger wrote: i know that i've got some spare Leoric Crowns of differing levels hanging around in my non seasonal storage, i could always give you some of those if you're playing this on PC.
Sadly, on the Xbox. But that'd feel like cheating to me. I try not to read too much about games, either, hoping to discover/figure things out as we go. Obviously, that's caused us some issues as we do things incorrectly :)
Stranger

Blizzard

Post by Stranger »

TheCatt wrote: Obviously, that's caused us some issues as we do things incorrectly
Good thing is Diablo is pretty straight forward, smash and loot, your gear only lasts about 5 levels before you move onto the next. I'm positive you will come across a Leoric's soon enough. Statistically not the best helm but it quickens the process to level 70.

what classes are you playing? So far i've got a level 70 Barbarian and Wizard and level 40 witch doctor all non seasonal and my lvl 65 demon hunter seasonal. Haven't played the crusader and don't own the necromancer. Demon Hunter is probably my favorite one to play thus far.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
TheCatt
Site Admin

Blizzard

Post by TheCatt »

My campaign is a Barbarian. My seasonal is a Necromancer. When I get the Necromancer's shit together, she kills. Necro is interesting because (s)he needs corpses around to do big damage, so it takes a while in combat before the damage comes. The barbarian, took me a while to get the rhythm of his attacks down.

My wife is playing the Wizard and Crusader.
Stranger

Blizzard

Post by Stranger »

Just a couple of other tips i wanted to share while i'm thinking about it:

-never sell your items back to the blacksmith, always salvage them for the mats. You will get plenty of silver, but will always need the mats for late game.

-don't forget to spend your blood shards at Kadala in any of the safe towns in adventure mode. You can only hold 200 max so might as well spend them.

-if you hear the laugh of a loot goblin then forget every other enemy on the board and go after that little bastard. You don't have long before they open a portal and leave, they can be spotted on your mini map if you lose them in the mess of enemies. Some goblins are better than others, but if you get one that opens a portal after it dies then your in for a treat. 8)

-go to settings and enable "elective mode" this allows you to assign more than one skill from any category to any of your skills slots. Maybe a little confusing at first but you will understand the value of this as you go along and customize your build to your liking. Also, not sure if this an option on Xbox.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
TheCatt
Site Admin

Blizzard

Post by TheCatt »

1 - Yeah, took us a while to realize that, but we never sell now.
2 - Did that for the first time, and got a Leoric Crown :)
3 - Yes, I listen for that laugh... no portals yet
4 - I think this must be the default, as we can already do it, without having changed anything.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Blizzard

Post by TheCatt »

We haven't finished the campaign yet, but we did finish Act IV so we were able to unlock Master difficulty levels. So far going well, but we have to be more careful with how we do things.

In our season mode we lost to Baleil (sp) the first time, and had to redo our skills, and then we beat him pretty easily.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Blizzard

Post by TheCatt »

So we've let the kids plays Diablo 3 cuz, I dunno, it doesn't seem that offensive to me, other than the Hell imagery, which they are already familiar with, and they've read a lot of Greek mythology, etc, so nothing really radical here. A little intense in some of the cut scenes, but we just tell them to leave the room then.

Last night we were playing, and my wife was sorting out her gear. Typically we each do a gear turn, and I tune out, kids usually read or such...

Then, suddenly my oldest daughter (12) said: Damnation!
Me: HEY! LANGUAGE!
Her: I was just reading the screen.

Turns out some weapon my wife had was a something something of Damnation.

My wife: You really can't yell at her for just reading the screen.
We all laughed.

My kids know most of the bad words, certainly, after overhearing their dad driving and watching sports, but I do try to encourage them to keep their use to a minimum.
Stranger

Blizzard

Post by Stranger »

i know there's a mature language filter setting, but i think its just a chat filter.

I finally got thru chapter 3 of the season journey awards. The first 3 chapters are pretty easy to fulfill once you hit level 70, chapter 4 requires you to be playing at Torment 4, so its quite a step up. This will give you 4 parts of the 6 pieces of seasonal gear for your character, they are all really good pieces of green of gear.

I just so happened to be playing expert level at the time and by chance got my final two piece of gear to complete the set from using blood shards at Kadala's. The whole set gives the Demon Hunter a 75,000% bonus damage increase to her impale skill!! I decided to up the difficulty to Torment 1 and i was one shotting everything and 2 shotting bosses doing 3million+ damage on crits! I'm thinking i'm going to be upping the difficulty to Torment 3 or 4 now..
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
TheCatt
Site Admin

Blizzard

Post by TheCatt »

Stranger wrote: I finally got thru chapter 3 of the season journey awards.
We did chapter 1. I haven't looked too much at Level 2, but one of them was "perfectly outfit a companion." We don't use companions, but I assume they mean the 3 people you can NPC pair up with? How does one outfit them? We probably trashed all that stuff.
Stranger wrote: I just so happened to be playing expert level at the time and by chance got my final two piece of gear to complete the set from using blood shards at Kadala's. The whole set gives the Demon Hunter a 75,000% bonus damage increase to her impale skill!!
Oh damn! Which set is that? Is there more than one set per character? Any particular one I should try for?

Last night we found the cow level. Hilarious. We are playing Torment Level 1, afraid to go higher.