Blizzard

Mostly PC, but console and mobile too
Stranger

Blizzard

Post by Stranger »

TheCatt wrote: I assume they mean the 3 people you can NPC pair up with? How does one outfit them?
yes, its talking about one your NPC friends. you can equip them with any gear you find, just click on their portrait in the upper left corner to open their inventory if your paired up with them. otherwise i think you can equip them from where they are standing in town, just click on them.
TheCatt wrote: Oh damn! Which set is that? Is there more than one set per character? Any particular one I should try for?
For the Demon Hunter its the Shadow Mantle set. Each character gets one set for completing the seasonal chapters, so for the Necromancer you would receive the Grace of Inarius set. You don't get anything for completing chapter one for some reason, but chapter 2 gives you two pieces, chapter 3 gives 2 more and chapter 4 gives the final 2.

you can check it out here:
https://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topic/ ... s-rewards/

looks like with that set these are the bonuses you get for having either 2, 4 or all 6 pieces of gear. Looks like bone armor gets a huge damage increase. Never played the Necro though, i don't own him.

(2) Set:
Bone Armor damage is increased by 1000%.
(4) Set:
Bone Armor grants an additional 2% damage reduction per enemy hit.
(6) Set:
Bone Armor also activates a swirling tornado of bone, damaging nearby enemies for 1000% weapon damage and increasing the damage they take from the Necromancer by 10,000%.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
TheCatt
Site Admin

Blizzard

Post by TheCatt »

So chapter 1, 2, 3 are easy enough. Torment Level IV for those Chapter IV rewards, though? Hmmm... we'll see if that happens.
It's not me, it's someone else.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Blizzard

Post by TheCatt »

Stranger wrote: Bone Armor also activates a swirling tornado of bone, damaging nearby enemies for 1000% weapon damage and increasing the damage they take from the Necromancer by 10,000%
Holy crap this works well. We did some stuff on Torment VII. But then we did the... Hall of Torment? or one of those which only has 2 bosses. Well, that makes the Bone Armor work less well and the dude does tons of damage. We lost several times, but eventually won on Torment VI.
Leisher
Site Admin

Blizzard

Post by Leisher »

You assholes just made me buy the game.

I got DIII and some reaper of souls expansion.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Blizzard

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: You assholes just made me buy the game.

I got the "Diablo III: Eternal Collection" when I got it. It includes the Rise of the Necromancer expansion as well. $20 for XBox One.

It's fun, and the kids have enjoyed it as well. Though a little inappropriate at times for them.
Stranger

Blizzard

Post by Stranger »

Awesome, that’s all u will need. Let’s coop sometime
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
TheCatt
Site Admin

Blizzard

Post by TheCatt »

We are up to GR34 and torment vii. The problem now is it's basically just me doing damage. My wife only adds a little bit. Same with kids.
Stranger

Blizzard

Post by Stranger »

TheCatt wrote: We are up to GR34 and torment vii.
You guys are really grinding! I thought getting chapter 4 would take much longer than it actually did, getting that complete set bonus really ups the damage. I solo'd a GR20 on T5 yesterday in about 7 mins, elites and bosses are dying in about 2 seconds and i'm not even kidding. the Demon Hunter set is all about single target high crit damage though, i'm pretty sure i crit one boss for 900M dmg yesterday 8)
TheCatt wrote: The problem now is it's basically just me doing damage. My wife only adds a little bit. Same with kids.
i'm guessing your doing a little better at at optimizing your build than they are, because all classes can do alot of damage. After level 70 its all about reforging legendaries, finding ancient and primal versions of legendaries, and making a build that maximizes on the bonus damage you get from your gear.

By the way, have you used Kunai's cube to extract a legendary of its legendary power and apply it to one of 3 passives?
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
TheCatt
Site Admin

Blizzard

Post by TheCatt »

I have extracted 3 powers. One of them is extra power against elites (the forge?). We haven't found the ideal powers yet, per online guides, but went ahead with decent ones.

I can take down most elites within 5 seconds when I combo my powers. The only exception is a boss outside of the GRs that doesn't have enough minions for me to use my.powers

The bonus set of armor from chapter IV really upped my damage to obscene amounts. We haven't been able to find a similar set for her.
Stranger

Blizzard

Post by Stranger »

So did you start playing this yet?
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

Blizzard

Post by Leisher »

Yep. I'm lvl 4 about to go down and kill some witch, and won't be playing again until at least the weekend.

Busy week...
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Stranger

Blizzard

Post by Stranger »

Playing story mode i take it, non seasonal? i guess that's probably the right thing to do for your first play through, even though the story is completely and utterly forgetful.

Going to adventure mode first would have spoilers as far as the bosses you'd be fighting.

What class did you pick?
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
TheCatt
Site Admin

Blizzard

Post by TheCatt »

Stranger wrote: Playing story mode i take it, non seasonal? i guess that's probably the right thing to do for your first play through, even though the story is completely and utterly forgetful
My wife felt the same, and made sure we knew it repeatedly :)

My kids LOVED the story. When a character would say something a mini-cut scene like "We must get to XXX immediately!" My daughter would be like "Mom! Dad! we have to go now! didn't you hear her!?"

But hey, they are kids.
Stranger

Blizzard

Post by Stranger »

i was running some bounties last night and i ran into a rainbow colored goblin, never saw one of these before. I kill it and it leaves behind a rainbow colored portal, sweet! I've only ever had a goblin open up a portal once before this and it wasn't rainbow colored.

I go into the portal and its all like a child's play land. Everything is super bright and colorful, but instead of undead zombies attacking you its all teddy bears, flowers and unicorns coming at you and they are strong. I was playing T6 at the time and had pretty much no problems with getting killed at this point, but i died 3-4 times here.

This place has colorful rainbows with pots of gold that drop somewhere close to 1 million silver for everyone you destroy. Fluffy smiley faced clouds that drop 10 or so of the highest level gems for T6. and random presents sitting around that explode into 20 or so blues, yellows and legendaries along with more silver. There was so much to collect that i had to leave behind about 80-90% of everything that was dropped.

In the end i think i got 5-6 legendaries and greens, about 30-35 high level gems of every color and i'm guessing somewhere in the ballpark of 20 million silver.

Randomly finding shit like this makes me love this game.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
TheCatt
Site Admin

Blizzard

Post by TheCatt »

Stranger wrote: In the end i think i got 5-6 legendaries and greens, about 30-35 high level gems of every color and i'm guessing somewhere in the ballpark of 20 million silver.
Nice! we've never found that guy yet. I've heard tell of that level. The cow level was a fun surprise.

The most chaos we've ever had is when we were new to Torment levels, and we found a 6-pack of treasure goblins in a normal Rift... we kept running after them, but they kept leading us to new enemies... we ended up having to run away cuz we were dying/near-death so much
Leisher
Site Admin

Blizzard

Post by Leisher »

Played a bit of DIII this week. Not really blowing me away. I think I liked Torchlight 2 a lot better.

Might just be my mood. Not sure I'm mentally in the mood for it.

I've been enjoying Party Hard more, and I honestly shouldn't.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Blizzard

Post by TheCatt »

I like D3, but we are playing it as a family which helps
TheCatt
Site Admin

Blizzard

Post by TheCatt »

We're up to Torment 10/11.

I feel like my build is topping out using the Set from Ch17. We don't really know what we're doing, but it sounds like I should try this: https://www.icy-veins.com/d3/necromance ... -season-17

BUT, I think I have like 2 of those items, tops.
Stranger

Blizzard

Post by Stranger »

I'm currently soloing T10 myself. What really boosted me and i didn't know it until i recently read it, but this season you get the Legacy of Nightmares bonus. So if you don't have any bonuses from a green set you get +750% dmg and 4% dmg reduction for every piece of "ancient or primal" legendary you have equipped.

I saw that i had 6 of them in my inventory, put them on and was doing significantly more damage than i was with the green set i got from the season reward!
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
TheCatt
Site Admin

Blizzard

Post by TheCatt »

Stranger wrote: So if you don't have any bonuses from a green set you get +750% dmg and 4% dmg reduction for every piece of "ancient or primal" legendary you have equipped.
My wife was so excited to get the rings that do this, and I pointed out we already had the bonus, but turns out she hadn't been equipping her Ancients. So she did that, re-specced a bit and got stronger.

I solo'd a 54 (T11.8 ) this morning, and it was rough. I died twice, finished in 12:30. One thing I've realized is that since I typically play with my wife, I hadn't optimized the NPC character. I have the "Don't die" equipment, but I don't have 2 share damage rings, which would help a lot.

I'm still using an Inarius build, but it's a much different/faster one with skeletons and such. I can take down elites in 1 second, but strong mobs give me issues.

And I keep getting killed by the red explosive circles that form when monster die.