Raft

Mostly PC, but console and mobile too
Leisher
Site Admin

Raft

Post by Leisher »

So I played a bit Sunday night after being the good father all weekend.

Definitely going to take a second to train myself as to where the menus are and what's important to build first.

What are you guys going for first? Are you finding time to hang out at the first island?

I saw another boat in the distance and two other, much larger, islands, but couldn't reach them.

What is the overall goal of the game?

I think this would be fun to coop, but I think we'd beat it quickly IF there's an end game?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Troy

Raft

Post by Troy »

Z and I have progressed to the mid-game - I think. The storyline part starts when you make a Receiver, Battery, and 3 Antennas on your raft. Then you can start going to signals. The first signal is a location with puzzles that leads to another location with puzzles and so on.

We found and cleared the first two quest locations last night. The second quest location took a few ingame days, we needed lots of food and water, wood, weapons, etc.

Islands + Abandoned rafts are randomly selected from a list depending on how far the last object is from your raft. Once you find the first signal location you can start finding Large Islands. We haven't found one yet but have seen the green blip on the Receiver. The Receiver is about as close to a "map" as you get.
Last edited by Troy on Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Stranger

Raft

Post by Stranger »

Really fun game co-op, i had more fun playing with Troy and Zelda than i did alone. I found in the bit i played solo that i was constantly having to eat and drink just to maintain, until you get the better water refinement and large grill then it goes a little smoother.

The tough part for me solo is there comes a point when you have to get off the raft onto an island to get the resources you can't get out at sea. This needs an anchor, shark bait, the proper tools and make sure you're well fed before you go diving. This is much easier when you have a few people to split those chores.

Not sure if there is much of an end game for this other than just building your raft into whatever you want it to be. Never got to play the storyline that Troy was talking about so that makes things a little more interesting.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

Raft

Post by Leisher »

I am definitely down for playing this in lieu of D&D on Friday nights IF D&D gets cancelled for someone being out or once we're done with the campaign and haven't started a new one.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Troy

Raft

Post by Troy »

General progression of things to do or make:
  • Make basic Food and Water facilities,
    Get some steering for the Raft so you can scavenge islands (Oar, Sail, Anchor)
    Make a Research Bench and Storage box (keep big stacks of items in storage so if you die you don't lose them)
    Make an axe and chop trees down on an Island - grow the seeds you get on the island in crop plots on the raft
    Do Reef scavenging with your hook for scrap, metal, copper, sand, and clay
    Create a Smelter, which requires a lot of materials but the sooner you get it up the easier the game gets
    Make metal items and upgrade your Raft with passive net collectors (shout out to Mordigan's idea + setup here)
    Collect and melt seaweed in the smelter for Goo, an advanced crafting component
    Use Copper, Metal, Goo, for Circuit Board crafting which leads to the Receiver, Antenna, Battery

Really good items to make -
Metal Spear (for shark fighting)
Large Grill
Large Water Purifier
Fishing Pole (++ for metal one)
Sail
Last edited by Troy on Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Troy

Raft

Post by Troy »

I popped into Z's office this morning and she said she wants to keep playing at 5PM after work. She was busy painting the ship when we had to call an adult bed time last night. We'll try to find one of the fabled large islands tonight if anyone wants to join.
Leisher
Site Admin

Raft

Post by Leisher »

I'm usually busy during the week golfing (M & W) or doing stuff with the family until 11 EST. So I wouldn't commit to anything until Friday night. My family knows that's dad's gaming night.
Stranger

Raft

Post by Stranger »

Same here, week nights are hit and miss for me.. Didn't get to play yesterday because of tons of yard work
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!