Near Death

Mostly PC, but console and mobile too
Leisher
Site Admin

Near Death

Post by Leisher »

Got this one in a Humble Bundle.

You're a pilot who crashed near an abandoned outpost. A storm is bearing down on you. Time to survive.

FPS, but zero combat or stealth.

I beat this in a few hours. Most of the game is fetch missions. There's crafting with limited resources. Hint: Only use what you need and when you need it. Also, don't hesitate. Move fast. If you do that, you'll be fine.

You hit a wall with the cold pretty quickly. Maybe a minute or so every time you're exposed to it. Lucky for you powered rooms, that are intact, and a kerosene heater can warm you up. Food and water aren't a concern, or even a part of the game, although they are part of the story line. Also there to help you are conveniently placed huts that are halfway between your longest treks.

I found the rope poles to be useless. If the wind is giving you crazy trouble they could help, but again, you don't really hit the same places a lot, thus they aren't really necessary. I also only used the light poles one time as there is only one place you return to again and again. A few places in this compound you'll only hit once.

You're not totally alone either. There is a cool gimmick they use so you have a lifeline to the outside world.

Overall, it has some cool elements, but it could have been miles better. Also, it definitely isn't worth more than a couple of bucks. A couple of hours of game play isn't worth the $10 they're charging.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”