M&B 2: Bannerlord

Mostly PC, but console and mobile too
Troy

M&B 2: Bannerlord

Post by Troy »

Really enjoying the second installment of this series - very recently out on early access. RTS + RPG + Medieval merchant simulator.
https://store.steampowered.com/app/2615 ... annerlord/

The single player campaign still needs some more quest content, maybe some more mission types, but the economy and real trading world are excellently done. I've been buying and selling butter and leather all across the continent for great profit and slowly building and training my ragtag group of soldier recruits.

In the single player game I am absolutely getting smoked on the smaller, tactical missions but am easily mustering my farmer recruits in larger battles, so my progress is slow but steady. There are lots of YouTube videos about how to run a castle and village economy and i'm just trying to not get murdered by bandits.

The multiplayer is SO MUCH FUN. Match types include a big 120v120 siege style mode, which is hugely chaotic and fun. There is a smaller 6v6 deathmatch game where the stakes feel much higher and you have limited resources to replace losses. My favorite game type is a 6v6 "Commander" mode. Your team picks 6 "classes" and you get a small to medium squad of NPCs that you lead into battle alongside the rest of your team's army. If the soldier you are controlling dies you can swap to controlling another of your squad of NPCs, if any are left. It ends up being super fun total-war deathmatch.

25 hours in so far.