Post by Troy »

Woah. Guess this is a thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4A7HKUJDbo
Leisher
Site Admin

Baldur's Gate 3

Post by Leisher »

Nice!
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Stranger

Baldur's Gate 3

Post by Stranger »

Made by Larian Studio's, same devs that made the Divinity Original Sin games, which are fantastic! This looks to play almost exactly like those games, where every object is interactive and you can do just about anything you can think of. SO yeah, i'll be buying this one.

BTW, i believe D:OS2 is on sale for $20 right now, probably should pick that game up if you havne't already.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Stranger

Baldur's Gate 3

Post by Stranger »

Holding an AMA on Reddit in about 10 mins.. I love these things. This will be good to come back and read at a later date.

https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/ ... at_larian/
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Stranger

Baldur's Gate 3

Post by Stranger »

Coming next Thurday Aug 3rd!

Based on 5E D&D rules, The same rules we played Curse of Strahd on. Divinity: Original Sin 1&2 were excellent but put it in the Forgotten Realms with the full D&D backing and you've got the RPG of the year. Must own IMO.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

Baldur's Gate 3

Post by Leisher »

Been on my wishlist for a minute. I played both BG 1 and 2.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Stranger

Baldur's Gate 3

Post by Stranger »

Leisher wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 9:03 am Been on my wishlist for a minute. I played both BG 1 and 2.
Over 17,000 different endings?! Whoa. No two playthroughs will be the same, from the class and race you play to every choice of dialog and who you side with all will have tremendous impact on the story.

If you pick this up Leisher, let me know. I'd love to try this in multi.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

Baldur's Gate 3

Post by Leisher »

I'd be willing to do this in multi in lieu of our sessions hunting a certain vampire.
Stranger

Baldur's Gate 3

Post by Stranger »

Leisher wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 9:32 am I'd be willing to do this in multi in lieu of our sessions hunting a certain vampire.
I'm pretty sure we can make very close representations of Mordigan and Koban. It's all the same 5E D&D ruleset, so making a grave robbing battlemaster fighter would be easy to do. And Koban can have sex with all the ladies he wants! :lol: (there is sex in the game BTW)
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
TheCatt
Site Admin

Baldur's Gate 3

Post by TheCatt »

I'm just here for the orc sex
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Baldur's Gate 3

Post by Leisher »

Stranger wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 9:57 am And Koban can have sex with all the ladies he wants!
Ladies being the key word.

If Gordon joins us he'll be fucking everything.
Stranger

Baldur's Gate 3

Post by Stranger »

Leisher wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 11:06 am If Gordon joins us he'll be fucking everything.
Pretty sure there are no mounts in this game. Not sure how much ass Gordo would be pulling without his well hung trusty steed.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
GORDON
Site Admin

Baldur's Gate 3

Post by GORDON »

Leisher wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 9:32 am I'd be willing to do this in multi in lieu of our sessions hunting a certain vampire.
The way we were playing, 5e seems to have broken the vampire. If he can use the movement bonuses he was using, then we'd never be able to catch him, not even close, even though we were kicking his ass. He could just circle the castle until we die of starvation.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
GORDON
Site Admin

Baldur's Gate 3

Post by GORDON »

Leisher wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 11:06 am
Stranger wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 9:57 am And Koban can have sex with all the ladies he wants!
Ladies being the key word.

If Gordon joins us he'll be fucking everything.
I actually didn't like the way that always played out.

Seems like whenever we had those random encounters, we blew too much "once a day" power and then had nothing left for the real encounters. So I'd always try to find a way around fighting everything, unlike you cretins. And you pervs always made it sexual.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Stranger

Baldur's Gate 3

Post by Stranger »

Purchased this game over the weekend because if you preorder the game it automatically gets upgraded to the digital deluxe edition for free. Basically a dice skin, some digital art work, music and a few other things. I didn't realize that the game has been in early access for the last three years so i was excited to try out the game i wasn't really expecting to play.

I haven't played 5E D&D since our last session but it all started to come back to me when i got into game. All the things like rolling with advantage/disadvantage, class and racial feats, bonus actions, cantrips, proficiency bonuses, short and long rests, they're all there. Every person you talk to is fully voice acted cut scenes. and when you get the option to use one of your talents in a conversation you actually roll a dice, very nice touch that makes it feel like D&D.

Can't wait to play this more once its released.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

Baldur's Gate 3

Post by Leisher »

Is it still Early Access? I won't buy it until it's out of EA.

I've been burnt too many times with EA games.
Stranger

Baldur's Gate 3

Post by Stranger »

Leisher wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 9:09 pm Is it still Early Access? I won't buy it until it's out of EA.

I've been burnt too many times with EA games.
It's been in early access for 3 years. Official PC release is tomorrow, PS5 is sometime next month.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

Baldur's Gate 3

Post by Leisher »

Oh cool.

Get a head count and let's see who wants to campaign.
Stranger

Baldur's Gate 3

Post by Stranger »

I'd be all about having a group of 4 to run this with, but i highly doubt that will happen.

Might just be easier if you and i run through it, if you end up choosing to purchase it of course.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Stranger

Baldur's Gate 3

Post by Stranger »

Game is released now, 122Gb download!
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!