Valley

Mostly PC, but console and mobile too
Leisher
Site Admin

Valley

Post by Leisher »

Got this for a buck or two during the Steam sale.

Essentially an exploration game with light combat. FPS.

You're...holy shit, I just realized I don't remember who the fuck you are in the game. Let's just say the hero and you're on an alien world where American scientists and military were sent during WWII. Why? Well, that's the story, and I won't spoil it. You find an exoskeleton that enables you to jump farther and higher, run faster, and take or give life to things. This is the coolest concept in the game. Your fights are just you shooting life into enemies, which isn't exactly what you're doing, but it all gets explained in the game.

The most fun in the game comes when you're running and jumping. Think Sonic the Hedgehog, but in FPS.

The biggest design flaw is that the game has collectibles. When the best part of your game is players going hyperspeed, but the levels are linear and there's stuff to be collected, it's a fun killer.

There are some nice ideas here, and I saw the game through to the end, but overall this was very meh. The story and concepts were much better than the execution.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”