High Hell

Mostly PC, but console and mobile too
Leisher
Site Admin

High Hell

Post by Leisher »

One of the ones I grabbed for $1 or so during the sale (It was 90% off). Started it up last night and finished it today.

FPS with nothing more than gun play. There's only one weapon and you start with it.

It's only 20 missions long, and one of the achievements is to finish a mission in 5 seconds or something like that. They get longer, of course. I think my average time, as an exploring completionist was about 2 minutes per level. That doesn't count times I had to replay levels because I died.

Essentially, you're a woman looking to take down an evil drug cartel. That's me filling in a LOT of blanks because the game just drops you into the world and you start killing. There's no story...but there is... There's a single hint in the game about who you are, and then the ending completes the story. And it actually works.

Each level takes place up high on buildings. I don't know who the bad guys are, but their imagery is very Nazi-esque and has lots of demon/hell themes as well.

The between mission loading screens are also fun. There's something to do during each one. Just click your mouse, move it, hit the move keys, etc.

It's a fun, but short game. If you enjoy FPS shooters and can grab this for a $1, it's worth that.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”