Evoland 2

Mostly PC, but console and mobile too
Leisher
Site Admin

Evoland 2

Post by Leisher »

Somehow I seem to have never reviewed Evoland, which was a very fun RPG whose theme was you advancing through new technologies. Not how you think... Literally, the sound, graphics, and so on would advance just like they have in real life. It's a great game and you can probably get it for a dollar or two during a sale. It's worth it.

Anyway, this is the sequel and it changes the mechanics a bit. This time it presents itself in different eras that you will be shifting back and forth between. The past, present, and future. The graphics change dramatically between each, as does the game world. As you advance the story, you also advance your abilities and areas you can explore.

This one seems a touch less polished than the original, but it's still fun. There's a card game within that's also a nice distraction.

My biggest complaint would be that there is far more puzzle than action in this game. That being said, the action parts are fun. And in a cool twist the action will not always be the same. Side scrolling platformer, traditional RPG, action RPG, Guitar Hero, Streets of Rage, tactical RPG, and so on are the various ways you'll be playing.

Not only did I complete the game, but I enjoyed it so much I got 100% completion and all the achievements.

If you see both games bundled for $5 or less in the future, they'd be a really good buy.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”