Supraland

Mostly PC, but console and mobile too
Leisher
Site Admin

Supraland

Post by Leisher »

Got this one as part of a Humble Bundle.

They describe it as a FPS Metroidvania. That's true, but I'd say Super Mario is also sprinkled into it.

Bright and beautiful, the game takes place in a sandbox. You're a red guy and your village's water supply has been cutoff. You head over to see what's wrong, and discover it's the vile blue guys behind it. Now you must adventure across this land of puzzles, jumps, monsters, coin collecting, and basically all the stuff you would think of when you hear Metroidvania with Super Mario sprinkled in.

Secrets are everywhere.

Supraland is absolutely a game you can enjoy or your kids could enjoy. The puzzles range from easy to tough, and while I have been stuck once or twice, it's always been my own fault. That's a big key to good puzzle games. Let me get stuck because I'm doing something dumb, overlooking something, or forget a game mechanic, NOT because the puzzles are stupid.

It has been a very refreshing change of pace game.

It's fun, charming, and pretty...so far. I'm only 38% of the way through, but I'm posting this as Supraland II now has a Kickstarter. I'm going to donate just so it gets made, and all for the price of DLC and the sequel. It's can't lose.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Supraland

Post by Leisher »

FYI, with 17 days to go they have exceeded their goal, so backing it now means you'll be backing a winner.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Supraland

Post by Leisher »

Beat this one last Thursday night. The end boss is original as hell. He's also a pretty good puzzle, but could have been slightly more aggressive.

Still, my overall grade for this game is easily an A+. It's so good that despite beating it I'm still playing for 100% completion.

Beautiful, funny, charming, ridiculously well polished. The absolute best FPS with puzzles I've played since Portal 2.
Leisher
Site Admin

Supraland

Post by Leisher »

I got 100% completion over the weekend on this one.

Between this game and Subnautica, I have had an amazing 2019 in gaming.

"Trust the chest detector!"

Can't wait for Supraland 2. Plus, there's DLC coming for this one.
Leisher
Site Admin

Supraland

Post by Leisher »

I have a spare key for this absolute gem of a fucking game, but I'm not sure how I want to part with it. It's too good to just give someone who may then just let it sit in their library.

So if any of you have had your eye on this one, holla.