SteamWorld Heist

Mostly PC, but console and mobile too
TheCatt
Site Admin

SteamWorld Heist

Post by TheCatt »

SteamWorld is a series of games where each game is a bit different than the others.

SteamWorld Dig (and Dig 2) is a platform Metroidvania

SteamWorld Heist is a tactical, turn-based shooter. I got this game because someone said it was a lot like Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle, which is awesome.

Mario + Rabbids was a more guided version of a turn-based tactical game. For instance, if you elected to shoot at someone, you would get a percentage chance of hitting (depending on their cover, etc). Here, it requires more skill. You aim, and your aim oscillates a bit. Some weapons shoot in an arc'ed path, others are straight. Some have laser sights, most do not.

The game is set in a world where the Earth blew up, and everything is robots running on water (steam) or diesel. You have to win a bunch of missions, with an assorted crew of robots, upgrading weapons, armor, etc as you go.

Fun. I haven't played the other SteamWorld games (It apparently started with a tower defense game, and will be adding an RPG this year), but the world is fun, even though I'm not much of a steam punk fan.

8.95/10 - I would have given it more, but I'm a little annoyed how I can accidentally misclick a spot, and not immediately take that move back.

I play on the Switch, bought it on sale, unsure how much. Apparently the PC version has gone as low as $3.74
It's not me, it's someone else.