Madden 2019

Mostly PC, but console and mobile too
Leisher
Site Admin

Madden 2019

Post by Leisher »

First time on PC in...ever?

Because of that and because of some additional funds I discovered I gave it a shot. It's been well over a decade since I've played a football game.

Here's the good: It's a football game featuring NFL players and teams.

Here's the bad: Everything else.

This game is dogshit. Holy fuck does the AI cheat. Get on YouTube and there's a ton of videos proving this as fact. If you think a LB should be able to successfully cover both a 5 yard out route AND a lagging 10-15 yard out, then this is the game for you.

Play on an easy setting and the game isn't fun. The AI tries to make moves for you, which is annoying as hell. Go up a level of difficulty and the cheating starts.

I watched DBs jump through WRs to grab interceptions. Literally, right through the middle of them. Offensive linemen will just fall down at the snap, because that happens in real games. Your WRs who know the routes won't look for the ball, but DBs will and make easy interceptions that your WRs never even tried to catch.

The worst part is the speed differences between the AI and your player. Your guys run like they're stuck in mud so the defense can catch up. This isn't bullshit. Again, go to YouTube...

Apparently, this is how Madden has been for some time. Players are abandoning it in droves. Sick of the cheating.

Ok, you get the point. Onto the other big shitty part of the game: Microtransactions driven by loot boxes. They REALLY push the "Ultimate Team" mode where you build a team of random NFL superstars you get by completing tasks. OR by buying in game currency to buy loot boxes. This is the only part of the game that the in game ads promote.

Skip it.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Madden 2019

Post by Leisher »

This is a link for me, for the future.

NCAA Mod
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”