WASD

Mostly PC, but console and mobile too
Leisher
Site Admin

WASD

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Stranger

WASD

Post by Stranger »

actually i do.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
TheCatt
Site Admin

WASD

Post by TheCatt »

Stranger wrote:
actually i do.
No wonder you cannot crouch and got your head cutoff.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Stranger

WASD

Post by Stranger »

yes, crouching was always a little tricky for me.

But i always rebind keys to my mouse thumb buttons so i make up for it.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

WASD

Post by Leisher »

Stranger wrote:
actually i do.
You would. :D
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Cakedaddy

WASD

Post by Cakedaddy »

No one could figure out how AWD is the natural resting position. Idiots, that's how your fingers would have been on the arrow keys of yesteryear. And since you are moving forward WAY more than backwards, W > S.

I attribute Stranger's misplaced figures on the fact that he started gaming on a Mac.
Stranger

WASD

Post by Stranger »

Cakedaddy wrote: I attribute Stranger's misplaced figures on the fact that he started gaming on a Mac.
actually i attribute it to two things:

1- its home row, never really thought about putting my fingers on the keyboard in any other way.

2- after 20 years of playing bass guitar where its common to put your fingers in unusual shapes and perform long stretches, especially with your pinky finger, hand cramps are no problem for me.

I guess my natural finger dexterity and athletic prowess make this a non issue for me 8) 8) 8)
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
GORDON
Site Admin

WASD

Post by GORDON »

Ha
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Cakedaddy

WASD

Post by Cakedaddy »

Accept that you can't crouch while strafing left.

It never made you think "why is every game mapped wrong?"!
Stranger

WASD

Post by Stranger »

Cakedaddy wrote: Accept that you can't crouch while strafing left.

It never made you think "why is every game mapped wrong?"!
It didn't take me long to find out that most people did rest their fingers one position to the left, but i learned to play FPSers this way on Borderland 2 and who crouches in that game?! run and gun baby!

When i did try and move my fingers then i just kept screwing up, but it does make sense

I guess i never read the "how to finger your keyboard for gaymers" manual before i started playing FPS, i just adapted and used assigned mouse buttons.

Also, i did the same for League, I placed my fingers on QWER. Did you not have your pointer finger on R?
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

WASD

Post by Leisher »

Stranger wrote: for League, I placed my fingers on QWER. Did you not have your pointer finger on R?
I did that, but I think LoL is setup that way. I mean, you wouldn't put your thumb on R.