Rage 2

Mostly PC, but console and mobile too
Leisher
Site Admin

Rage 2

Post by Leisher »

You might remember iD's Rage, but would be forgiven if you didn't.

It was a beautiful, yet half assed attempt at a game that was more of a tech demo.

Shitty trailer to announce a sequel.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Rage 2

Post by Leisher »

Game play trailer. Looks like a big rip off of Borderlands.

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Rage 2

Post by Leisher »

7 minutes of game play
Leisher
Site Admin

Rage 2

Post by Leisher »

There is a cave in game with a switch to stop time.

Everyone on the creative team that has seen it says, "It's the stupidest thing ever." and they don't mean that in a good way.
Leisher
Site Admin

Rage 2

Post by Leisher »

Rage 2 available for preorder on Bethesta's launcher only.

Oh fucking hooray. Yet another fucking game launcher to put on your PC.
Leisher
Site Admin

Rage 2

Post by Leisher »

Ripped through this one for the past few weeks. This is very heavily influenced by Borderlands, but without the blatant humor and "everything is utterly ridiculous" levels, mission, enemies, and so on that BL gives you.

You're the last of the rangers in a post-apocalyptic world. A long ago defeated enemy has been rebuilding and is back. You are the world's last hope to stopping this evil.

Pros:
-You can get it cheap at this point.
-There is some good action.
-There are a ton of cool concepts in the game.
-The driving is fun.
-Looks good.
-Everything feels good except riding motorcycles. Why do so many developers fail at making motorcycles fun to ride?
-Overall, the game is typical run and gun fun.

Cons:
-id continues to makes games without hiring even a half decent writer. So much potential in this game was wasted by piss poor writing.
-This whole game feels so utterly disjointed. It's as if all the different areas were made by different teams.
-Due to the terrible story telling or visible world improvement based on your deeds, the action becomes quite redundant.
-There are "powers" you get throughout the game that eventually make you invincible. Yes, you can still be killed, but it's really, really hard to die.
-The expansion and everything else I got with the deluxe edition did not unlock until I beat the game. That includes the "XP booster", which...WTF? Also, the BFG unlocked then with 7 shots. I never found more ammo for it. Again, WTF?

The expansion "Ghosts something or other" was fine, but the lack of decent writing really shows up here. The main villain is interesting, but the city in this region hilariously grows out of nowhere, "dies", and then is back again in what feels like a NY minute. It just makes no sense. It shows how the story is an afterthought to these developers.

I'd check out a sequel, but this game overall had tons of fun in it, but soooooooooo much was left unfulfilled. id desperately needs to hire a solid writer and probably someone to oversee their games to make sure everything within fits together.

Update: Wanted to add a final note that this game did crash a lot to desktop. Definitely an issue with display drivers and I never quite got it figured out, but I was able to adjust some settings to where instead of crashing every other hour, it only crashed once during my final week of playing.