Divinity

Mostly PC, but console and mobile too
Leisher
Site Admin

Divinity

Post by Leisher »

Cake and Stranger, you discussed some Divinity game two weeks back. What was it?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Cakedaddy

Divinity

Post by Cakedaddy »

We both have Divinity: Original Sin (Enhanced Version), and Divinity: Original Sin 2 is out now. We played a few minutes of the first one, and it was really good. VERY slow, because you do a fair amount of roll playing in it. Enough hack n' slash to be fun, but a good amount of NPC interactions. You select responses that affect your story line. I really like how multiple PCs settle their different opinions. He wants to attach and kill the NPC to get the map. I want to ask for it and do a favor for them to get the map. We have to play rock/paper/scissors to decide which action we do. So, better than just a dice roll, in my opinion. My higher charisma makes my wins worth more points. So I have to win 3 rounds where he has to win 4 to get the decision we want. That's about all I know about the game so far. Combat, I'm pretty sure, was turned based now that I think about it. Not hack n' slash. It followed regular D&D game play pretty close. General movement was real time, then combat was turn based. If you like playing D&D like we are on Roll 20, you'll like this game as well. HIGHLY recommend playing with a second person though. The old version only allows 2 players to co-op. I think Stranger said the new one allows 4 players.