Want to play Dungeons and Dragons 5E?

Mostly PC, but console and mobile too
Troy

Post by Troy »

GORDON wrote: I mean, it's fine. But I kinda think that when we uncover parts of the map, sometimes I want to look back at them while I think. Last night it was dark again unless you stood there.

But it's fine.
That sounds like an advanced fog of war option, which i will look into.

I think we settled on next Friday at 9 eastern unless people are available earlier.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

That works for me.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I'm wondering how much sex talk Stranger heard over discord before he let me know I still had it on.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: I'm wondering how much sex talk Stranger heard over discord before he let me know I still had it on.
The game forum is about escaping the horrors in this world, not discussing them.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

Who all thinks he left it on on purpose?
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

Leisher wrote: I think Troy needs to give us a little bit of leeway to roam around a room (when not in initiative order), but it should be stated that we cannot advance to a new room or he can punish us for trying to get info before we should.
I felt like his warning to move slow and stay clustered was sufficient. I was constantly moving my token to make sure I was in a good spot. It would punish someone who got distracted and didn't move, or someone getting bored and Leeroy Jenkinsing into a room to see what's in it.

It makes for a much slower pace because we are checking for traps, and being diligent, but I find it more immersive. I should have been WAY more cautious with my owl. I just saw a big open space and went for it, forgetting the dangers of the dungeon. When Troy asked "Did you just fly out into the middle of the room?" My first thought was "Shit. I shouldn't have done that. Say no!" But I did do it. The room was revealed, so I couldn't take it back. We all know this place is dangerous. Before moving to an item, or through a door, best to make sure we are all ready.
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

I am available Friday at 9, as well as any other night this week.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Cakedaddy wrote: Who all thinks he left it on on purpose?
Ha!
Cakedaddy wrote: I felt like his warning to move slow and stay clustered was sufficient.
I must have missed that.
Cakedaddy wrote: I was constantly moving my token to make sure I was in a good spot.
I love how the light within 15 ft of me is bright and then fades for the next 15 ft. Exactly as described for my sword. What I don't like is that our tokens are clearly on a grid. A very, very minor complaint, but I was fiddling with my token multiple times trying to get it in just the right position, but it kept autoshifting.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

You can turn grid snap off, I think.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Cakedaddy wrote: Who all thinks he left it on on purpose?
ended up using my bluetooth gym earbuds, and when I turn those off, it auto-turns off whatever music I am playing, on my phone. So I turned them off the other night, and just assumed Discord shut down with it.

Nope.

In bed, getting busy, and suddenly Stranger is talking to me from the nightstand, where my phone is plugged in.

THAT was disconcerting.

I bet he heard some shit.
Troy

Post by Troy »

Hahaha - what the fuck?

e: I had turned back on the grid because it makes turns go a lot faster in combat. People meta the fuck out of their moves and it takes forever.
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

Troy

Post by Troy »

Still on for Friday. Everyone brush up on your best skills, strategies, and spells - seems like there might be a big fight on the way.
Alevard

Post by Alevard »

I am good for Friday.

Also on the issue of dynamic lighting, I think it added a more realistic feel and forced the group to err on the side of safety - which is a good thing - but is there an option to have rooms and areas that have been uncovered stay lit? Kind of like strategy games (Fire emblem three houses comes to mind) where board is covered/visually impairing "fog" that wont let you see and/or know where enemy units are, but once a player's unit advances its area of sight uncovers the zone, as well as the path that it moved is also uncovered.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

In for Friday.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Will spend some time tomorrow wokring on my microphone issue. Have a feeling a Win10 update changed a setting somewhere.
Stranger

Post by Stranger »

In for Friday also.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

Available Friday.
Troy

Post by Troy »

Got the Fog of War settings setup right. This setting may be a bit more processor intensive for some, but we'll see.

Same deal kick-off from 5-6p eastern. I'll get on early and we can shoot shit and/or make sure everyone has a good feel for their abilities/spells/items.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Troy wrote: Same deal kick-off from 5-6p eastern.
Wait, we're starting at 5-6 p.m. EST tonight?

I can make that work, I just want to confirm.