Want to play Dungeons and Dragons 5E?

Mostly PC, but console and mobile too
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

Troy wrote: I thought we already established you just spend money to copy spells. You've already done this in game before?

I'm talking about spell casting components with gold amounts. Anything else is assumed to be in your component pouch.
Agreed. But when I brought it up in game that I needed a shop, your answer of "We don't have magic shops here" caused all of this!
And I would argue that the pearl would have been in my component pouch along with all of the other spell components. It's a spell I started the game with. One I picked at character creation.
Troy

Post by Troy »

Cakedaddy wrote:
Troy wrote: I thought we already established you just spend money to copy spells. You've already done this in game before?

I'm talking about spell casting components with gold amounts. Anything else is assumed to be in your component pouch.
Agreed. But when I brought it up in game that I needed a shop, your answer of "We don't have magic shops here" caused all of this!
And I would argue that the pearl would have been in my component pouch along with all of the other spell components. It's a spell I started the game with. One I picked at character creation.
Agreed + fair on the pearl.

That "no magic shop" line by the guard was a good one to catch your attention. It sure does sound like a dreadful thing for a wizard to hear. Maybe even a plot point that can be followed up on. I think we did start to discuss it, but it was pretty late at that point and your character needed to start his rest?
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Just shop online.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

Are we still running on 5/4? Leisher said he's at least an hour late if everything goes perfect. Anyone else missing? Do we want to try a different night this week to accommodate?
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Koban wants the town to have a fletcher, bank, bakery, and a carpenter.

Troy, if you'd like I could email you all the things Koban wants to do or we can do it once I get logged on Friday. (I will be late, but should be on before you guys are done for the night.) I think you'll be pleased with his plans.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Troy

Post by Troy »

Sounds good to me. Most of those businesses are pretty open to interpretation, though I think the carpenter already has an NPC and location.

Big picture source stuff:
As the Old Svalich Road clears a rocky outcropping, the woods recede to reveal the impressive sight of mounts Baratak and Ghakis framing the serene surface of Lake Zarovich. Nestled amid the dense woods, a rustic walled town presents as a respite from the creeping cold and the gathering dark.

Vallaki at a Glance

Vallaki (vah-lah-key) is a quaint alpine mountain burg along the Old Svalich Road.
Population: 1,500
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

I wanted to see if there's a 'jobs board' anywhere. See if there are any orcs raiding the local farms, or knolls bothering the miners.

I intend to follow up on why there are no magic shops. Was probably going to start by asking Szoldar(sp?) since he's a friendly and knows the town.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I live in.a town of 1500. We have a convenience store, and a saloon.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I'm looking at 10-11 for arriving home Friday. Do you want to wait until I get on or have me IM you my thoughts on what Koban wants to do?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Stranger

Post by Stranger »

doesn't matter to me what time we start.

Also Troy, i sent to a PM. Did you get that?
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Troy

Post by Troy »

I think usual time start at 9 est. I’ll be ready to go with city events and we can work on a few side-objectives. Leisher if you want to dm me what your plan is I can make sure the doable-by-narrative stuff can get started. If it’s a plan you want to discuss with the party first I’ll hold off until you make it on Friday.

We’ll pick up on Friday on Day 4 at Morning Lord early o’clock.

Got your DM Mordgian. I’ll hit you back with a few thoughts.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

PM sent on this board. I look forward to seeing what you think.
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

One other thing I mean to cover. . . what's up with Zelda. She sees visions, falls unconscious, and now she's skipping. What happened to her, what did it do to her, what it might mean for the rest of us.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I kept asking if that was something we need to address, and kept getting blown off.

If you're about to burn out into a cinder of spent energy, sorry, Zelda. Our party sucks.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I thought we were told she was just being Zelda?
Troy

Post by Troy »

Leisher wrote:I thought we were told she was just being Zelda?
That may not be canon. Zelda and I had not talked about the game between her missed session and last Friday. I’m as confused as the next person.

We’ll actually do a pre-session talk this week and I’ll hear what’s up. I don't even think she knew what her vision was, just that she'd suffered some kind of event.
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

I chalked the skipping up to "just being Zelda". Alex didn't see that as strange. He'd still like to follow up with "visions" and then passing out for an entire day.

Don't feel obligated to fill that in, Troy. I know it's because she had to work. Feel free to write it up as "Sometimes Zelda just passes out for a day". A form of narcolepsy that hardly ever happens. But when it does, she down for about 24 hours.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Koban posted on the Roll20 forum at the behest of Troy.

I'll be on when I can.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

If it was something I said that made Zelda quit, tell her I apologize.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Or if it was the dick pics.