Want to play Dungeons and Dragons 5E?

Mostly PC, but console and mobile too
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Are you guys saying we should be recording our sessions and posting them online?
I hope someone's really good at editing.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Stranger was a professional musician. He's on it!
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Stranger

Post by Stranger »

Leisher wrote: Stranger was a professional musician. He's on it!
well, professional may be taking it a little far.. but thank you anyways! :D :D

why even bother with editing when you can just stream it.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Stranger wrote: why even bother with editing when you can just stream it.
Because I'm guessing a 3 hour session hsas about 10 minutes of interesting bits, max. :)
It's not me, it's someone else.
Stranger

Post by Stranger »

TheCatt wrote:
Stranger wrote: why even bother with editing when you can just stream it.
Because I'm guessing a 3 hour session hsas about 10 minutes of interesting bits, max. :)

What do you mean?? Gordon "Laying Hands" upon himself every day is comedy gold!
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Vigorously. Laying hands on myself vigorously.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Troy

Post by Troy »

SF crew has editing chops. Maybe we should hold off on recording anything until we figure out how to play :)

Back in the States. Zelda wants to avoid the real world and pick her new spells and Level 2 choices this afternoon. I’ll get her macros set tonight. If anyone wants me to add their new spells/skills into their Character sheets macros, let me know. I’m happy to do it.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Wait... We're we.playing tonight? I'm heading in to a screening of The Dark Crystal.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Troy

Post by Troy »

GORDON wrote: Wait... We're we.playing tonight? I'm heading in to a screening of The Dark Crystal.
Na, I set the next session for Friday 3/2.

I left the PHB at home so Zelda never got a chance to make some Druid character choices that come with Level 2.
Last edited by Troy on Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Troy

Post by Troy »

Zelda
Level 2 Druid.

Hermit Outlander from a cold northern coast line.

Circle of Land

- Spell Types Coastal

So a spellcaster druid instead of the combat shape changer (1 of 2)

Added Spells:
Frostbite, Ice Knife

Can shapechange 2x a day for up to 1 hour. gear can transform, if gear transforms it doesn't apply bonuses or able to use.

She chose a Panther as her first animal
https://roll20.net/compendium/dnd5e/Panther#content
Stranger

Post by Stranger »

https://crobi.github.io/dnd5e-quickref/ ... ckref.html

Cool little info graph i wanted to save to reference for later. (you can click on the icons for a detailed explanation.)

Basically after listening to alot of podcasts lately and it seems like people are doing alot more than just moving and then attacking during their turn. So i got looking into the rules of the action economy or whatever you might call it.

You get one move, one action, one bonus action and one reaction per turn. Of course there are rules that can override and give you extra action moves, but you can only use a max of one bonus action or reaction per round.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Stranger

Post by Stranger »

So far i've turned down getting together with my old band for some beers and memories. (this Feb makes 20 years ago when we first started to play).

Turned down a practice night for another band that wants me to play at a benefit show that is only 3 weeks away, and i need all the practice i can get because i've never played any of the songs.

All because i want to play some D&D on Friday night.. Am i a nerd?
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Stranger wrote: So far i've turned down getting together with my old band for some beers and memories. (this Feb makes 20 years ago when we first started to play).

Turned down a practice night for another band that wants me to play at a benefit show that is only 3 weeks away, and i need all the practice i can get because i've never played any of the songs.

I need you to roll a 20 sided die before I can answer that.

As for all the band or gaming stuff, music isn't your career and neither is gaming. Thus, you're simply proving to yourself where your priorities are in life now. Truthfully, your wife should be thrilled your priority isn't to be on the road performing for thirsty ass groupies.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Troy

Post by Troy »

Leisher wrote:
Stranger wrote: So far i've turned down getting together with my old band for some beers and memories. (this Feb makes 20 years ago when we first started to play).

I need you to roll a 20 sided die before I can answer that.
Don't forget to add your Intelligence modifier!

Proud nerd here :)

I'm getting excited for Friday. I've got plenty of material ready go. I'm interested to see where you guys take your characters and how you interact with the world.

Zelda pledges to get off at 5P Pacific, and should be home and ready to go by 5:30. I've set the official start for 6P, but we can always get going earlier if everyone is ready.

Since it's been a while, I'll try to recap the last sessions like last time. Let me know if anyone has any ret-cons about their character they brewed up over the break.

I do have some questions, based on the character sheets:

1) Who has the giant spider poison? (it's not on anyone's sheet)

2) At level 2, BeeDee is now a Spellcaster. You have 2 spell slots now, and need to choose 3 (1+CHA MOD) spells from the Paladin list. You can expend spell slots using those or burn them using Divine Smite.

3) What is Alex's alignment?
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Troy wrote: Zelda pledges to get off at 5P Pacific, and should be home and ready to go by 5:30.
Why do you throw marshmallows for BeeDee to hit?
Troy wrote: I'm interested to see where you guys take your characters and how you interact with the world.
Working on it...
Troy wrote: 3) What is Alex's alignment?
Bi-Curious.

Actual video of Koban in action:
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Stranger

Post by Stranger »

Leisher wrote: I need you to roll a 20 sided die before I can answer that.
Troy wrote: Don't forget to add your Intelligence modifier!
I rolled an 11+0 INT mod (stupid fighters...)
Leisher wrote: Truthfully, your wife should be thrilled your priority isn't to be on the road performing for thirsty ass groupies.
Yeah, my wife is thrilled when i put on my headphones and ignore her for hours on end... Also, i thought that said 30 ass groupies. That would be sweet!
Troy wrote: I do have some questions, based on the character sheets:
1) not sure, i have the gypsy chalice

2) Gordon hasn't chosen his spells yet???

3) I believe Alex said he was a true neutral like me, but he may have decided to change that by now.

...And where are the bios? i wanna read some character bios.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Troy

Post by Troy »

Leisher wrote: Troy's next purchase.
I dig this. But Roll20 is super powerful and helpful, and includes the DBase of monsters and maps for the game.

Here's where we start Friday.

As for alignment. I just needed a concrete value for everyone, I think Alex's is the only one that's missing.

good/evil/lawful/chaotic/neutral

I'll give an example of how it works in the game. The campaign is super rare on magic items, but has them.

Here's a theoretical item:

"Burgomaster"
Flanged Mace
magical weapon

Keeps watch and glows (5 feet dim light) at night. Makes dad jokes.

Is able to direct emotion to wielder.

Is an entity, low visible range and a Passive 14 Perception, WIS 17, INT 13, CHA 12, HP 27, AC 18

The weapon contains the soul of Ismark, Burgomaster of Barovia. Former leader of the village watch and former head of his noble family. He was Lawful Good.

An evil character will be actively be damaged and bothered by this weapon.

A neutral or chaotic character would immediately feel burdened, responsible for those around them, and find life more tiring and draining than normal.

Backstory is different and everyone has those filled in I think. You can be as long or as short with yours as long as it exists. I've found it useful to keep it simple, and short.

Zelda's is a hermit, on a rocky northern coastline. Her parents were outlanders and raised her in the wild, is good mainly because of positive interactions with animals. Isn't into society.

Rando stories:
Level 1 "I met a panther at a menagerie circus on my travel from my homeland to Baldur's Gate."
Level 2 "I became strong enough to shapechange yesterday. "

Chaotic Good.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Koban is a Tethyrian with jet black hair, blue eyes, and pale skin.

Originally from Saradush, his family moved to Darromar during the Spellplague. Koban's family is extremely wealthy and powerful. He grew up in luxury and was something of a spoiled brat. His personality was somewhat split acting like his father, a ruthless land owner and politican, and his kind hearted mother who was the only person that could crack through his father's walls. Koban spent his informative years with the best tutors helping shape both his mind and body. He excelled at analyzing and investigating problems. One of his teachers was a former thief who taught Koban some of his ways including tricking people. It turned out that with his training and natural athletic ability he took to thieving ways quite well. However, his mother's influence typically made him unable to fully commit to a life of crime or wronging others.

When he was 16 his mother was found murdered on his family's estate. Rumors about her murder were rampant throughout the community. Some implicated his father, some him, some a wronged business partner of ill repute, but the one that Koban was most interested in was a report about two strangers who had asked around about his family the day of her death and haven't been seen since. Unfortunately, Koban has no idea where to start looking as he has no leads. If his father knows more about his mother's murder, he's not telling.

After his mother's death, Koban's father became unbearable. He showed no mercy to anyone he held even the slightest bit of power over. Meanwhile, Koban was trying to become a better person for his mother. This drove a wedge between Koban and his father that eventually drove Koban to leave home when he was 19. Their relationship is severely strained, but his father uses his wealth and power to keep tabs on Koban. Koban doesn't hate his father, he just knows he can't co-exist with him anymore.

Koban set his sights on adventuring. He figured his training and natural athletics made him ideal for it. He wants to make his mark on the world without his father's influence and wealth. Koban is a loyal adventurer with a good heart, but he has no qualms about enacting justice as he sees it.
Troy

Post by Troy »

Leisher wrote: Koban is a Tethyrian with jet black hair, blue eyes, and pale skin.

Killer!

So the party is:

3 nobles or ex-nobles of varying states and degrees of truth.
The last member of an outlander druid circle
An orphaned child who grew up and taught himself magic

Dig it. Some good interactions there.