Want to play Dungeons and Dragons 5E?

Mostly PC, but console and mobile too
Stranger

Post by Stranger »

did a little research on how temporary HP work.
If you have temporary hit points and receive more of them, you decide whether to keep the ones you have or to gain the new ones. For example, if a spell grants you 12 temporary hit points when you already have 10, you can have 12 or 10, not 22.
So stacking of temp HP doesn't work, which make sense cause that would be OP. So hopefully Kavan will give them out a little more freely :wink:

also they only last until depleted or after a long rest.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Troy

Post by Troy »

Stranger wrote: did a little research on how temporary HP work.
If you have temporary hit points and receive more of them, you decide whether to keep the ones you have or to gain the new ones. For example, if a spell grants you 12 temporary hit points when you already have 10, you can have 12 or 10, not 22.
So stacking of temp HP doesn't work, which make sense cause that would be OP. So hopefully Kavan will give them out a little more freely :wink:

also they only last until depleted or after a long rest.
Nice, ok Kavan's is much more blood thirsty now. :twisted:
Alevard

Post by Alevard »

I don't think Troy would even give you a chance to stack the THP's, so it can still be OP'd in the sense that you could realistically keep getting a "refresh" of THP each round. And besides a DPS beast like you not getting into the thick of things is Like Alex challenging an Ogre Champion to hand to hand combat... 8)
Troy

Post by Troy »

Running session tomorrow.

Need to finish out the night. Might be a rough one.

I think Zelda is in.
Stranger

Post by Stranger »

so we on tonight? just making sure cause if not, i'm making plans to celebrate my b-day yesterday.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Butthole-day?
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Stranger

Post by Stranger »

GORDON wrote: Butthole-day?
with your mom.. 8) 8)
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

It would be better if those 2 little smilies could high-five.

I should be on tonight.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I will be on unless Stranger's butthole bleaching causes us to cancel.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

I'm in.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Cakedaddy wrote: I'm in.
Leisher wrote: Stranger's butthole
It's not me, it's someone else.
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

I knew it was a setup when I typed it.

I'm in. I'm on. I'm game. Fuck it. I went with I'm in.
Alevard

Post by Alevard »

I’m good to game too. And Happy belated birthday man!
Troy

Post by Troy »

Sorry party. Zelda got me on a roll with the carnage. I also assumed she would have been with the rest of the party for those battles which probably messed up the encounter math.

Eh, I’m sure everything will turn out fine.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I expected an end to the game, not a "start over with zero items, and tied up" situation.

Sigh.
Troy

Post by Troy »

GORDON wrote: I expected an end to the game, not a "start over with zero items, and tied up" situation.

Sigh.
Hey, B-D can go out that way. I'm still unpacking what just happened.

I'd feel bad about not giving any follow up on a few story lines though.

I don't think Mordigan would have been permanently knocked down by that last spell. I didn't read the rest of it.
The target can make a Constitution save at the end of its turns, being freed on a success.
Koban and Szoldar battle I feel better about. Strahd has to come for Ireena after nearly losing her. Strahd liked Koban so much he took him too.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I like.the idea of Ronin Szoldar trying to rescue Koban, when the charm person wears off, because he feels guilty
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

BD isn't out.

I just kind of hope there's a path forward that isn't just us freshly escaped, naked, huddling in the woods in the rain, with absolutely no plan to move forward, with Mordigan holding Zelda's head on a stick and pretending to make her talk by moving her jaw, and using a silly voice.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Troy wrote: Strahd liked Koban so much he took him too.
I had hoped that was why he took Koban. It was that or Koban was going to be dinner for someone.
GORDON wrote: I like.the idea of Ronin Szoldar trying to rescue Koban, when the charm person wears off, because he feels guilty
I mean, right now Szoldar is Wolverine. The X-Men have been completely beaten by the Hellfire Club, and Wolverine was left in the sewers for dead. All the rest are captured. It's him against the world:

That's awesome.
GORDON wrote: I just kind of hope there's a path forward that isn't just us freshly escaped, naked, huddling in the woods in the rain, with absolutely no plan to move forward
Well, Koban's clearly going to have options, but direct confrontation isn't going to be one of them. I assume you guys might get the opportunity for escape as well, but Szolar seems like your best bet for rescue.
GORDON wrote: with Mordigan holding Zelda's head on a stick and pretending to make her talk by moving her jaw, and using a silly voice.
First of all, fuck you for giving Mordigan ideas. :D Second, I was under the impression that Sirius radio simply defeated Zelda. Is she lunch? Maybe. Was she taken to Strahd's? Sirius is a Strahd flunkie, so perhaps that happened? I mean, why did the hags take the other three and not just kill them? Each of our split up party was met with Strahd and Strahd allies. All were defeated and captured (except for Szoldar), so why would Zelda's fate be different?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

It honestly never occurred to me. She was the first down, and no one said she was taken alive.