Want to play Dungeons and Dragons 5E?

Mostly PC, but console and mobile too
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Leisher wrote:
GORDON wrote: Leisher: BDs steed can be summoned again with the second level spell. It's the same horse every time. I haven't yet read the summary to see how your incompetence got him killed, but I am sure Satan will have a sarcastic opinion about it, when he revives.
I don't know who Satan is...I know who Mr. Sparkles was...
Mr. Sparkles is not amused.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Mr. Sparkles has never been happier. He feels free now.

We killed the tree tonight and BeeDee yelled insults during and after every attack.

You're welcome.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I.need a transcript.
Troy

Post by Troy »

Big monsters are rad and fun. I probably should have been more harsh on Yester Hill after you guys tried to take on everybody at once. It's a little above your level but not too bad. I didn't want BeeDee to get eaten while not online. So it felt right to power it down. Maybe made the follow-up attack a little too easy in retrospect for my noble branchy blood monster. RIP

It's about 5PM IG time. Wintersplinter is a pile of gunk. Party has another night in Barovia ahead. I'll have some more map time to talk past quest hooks planned for next session.

e: Alex's invisibility. While invisible, enemies can still detect you unless you use a hide action against their passive perception. Stealth while moving. They have disadvantage on attack rolls, but can still target and sense you.
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

Good to know on Invisibility. I knew about the attack disadvantage. But by the time I cast it and moved, anything I was in combat with (5 feet for blights, 15 for the tree) was dead or asleep. So attacks of opportunity weren't an issue. I didn't know I had to hide/stealth though.

Is there a way to stack disadvantage? If I went prone while invisible to a ranged attacker.

Reminder: The old man said there will always be druids to fight. Kill those on the hill and more will show up. Not sure, but that felt like a hint from the GM that going back there won't matter to the story.

So I vote Krezk. Do we want to spend the rest of the day partying at the winery so we can get a long rest in and hit Krezk fresh? What do we need to do there? Is Valaki on the way to Krezk allowing us to touch "Green Teeth Magee" or whatever her name is?
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Cakedaddy wrote: Reminder: The old man said there will always be druids to fight. Kill those on the hill and more will show up. Not sure, but that felt like a hint from the GM that going back there won't matter to the story.
Yeah, I typed my message before the DM made that statement.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Troy

Post by Troy »

Cakedaddy wrote: But by the time I cast it and moved, anything I was in combat with (5 feet for blights, 15 for the tree) was dead or asleep. So attacks of opportunity weren't an issue.
What - how can you have such a selective memory of my beautiful, bloody branch monster? He was right there whacking you with his appendages and about to eat you when you went invisible.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

The Whomping Willow?
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Actual footage of our party fighting the tree the first time.

Troy

Post by Troy »

GORDON wrote: The Whomping Willow?
Tree monsters by alignment:

LG - The Giving Tree
NG - the Ents from LOTR
N - the Whomping Willow
CE - Wintersplinter

I’m missing some.
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

Troy wrote:
Cakedaddy wrote: But by the time I cast it and moved, anything I was in combat with (5 feet for blights, 15 for the tree) was dead or asleep. So attacks of opportunity weren't an issue.
What - how can you have such a selective memory of my beautiful, bloody branch monster? He was right there whacking you with his appendages and about to eat you when you went invisible.
Maybe because he spent his last turn that fight hitting the wasps and BD instead of me made me think I was out of range. I thought his last move was away from me and towards BD, or I had moved away or something.
Troy

Post by Troy »

Game tomorrow at 9 est. don’t have any plans. Just a handy encounter table and a few leads. I guess I need to figure out what happens overnight too.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I am currently in Georgia. Plan is to be home in time to eat, and start getting really drunk before the game starts.
Alevard

Post by Alevard »

I thought of another "tree" you can add to your alignment.. er, tree.

Groot - CG
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Plan is to be home in time to eat, and start getting really drunk before the game starts.
Stranger? :D
Stranger

Post by Stranger »

Leisher wrote:
GORDON wrote: Plan is to be home in time to eat, and start getting really drunk before the game starts.
Stranger? :D
While i do have drinks before we play because

1) Its Friday

2) We're gaming

I think i've only gotten wasted just once, and i think you all remember that night..

But it has been a long week of work for me so i might be inclined to drink a few more than usual tonight. Plus if we end up going into Kresk i imagine the story will revolve around BeeDee, so i don't think i'll be playing a big part in tonight's events if that's the case.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Stranger wrote: While i do have drinks before we play because

1) Its Friday

2) We're gaming

I think i've only gotten wasted just once, and i think you all remember that night..
You're a grown ass man. Drink all you want. Just know that we reserve the right to mercilessly mock your drunk ass. :D
Stranger wrote: But it has been a long week of work for me so i might be inclined to drink a few more than usual tonight.
Ditto except for the drinking part. Eh, maybe I'll have one to join you batch of degenerates.
Stranger wrote: Plus if we end up going into Kresk i imagine the story will revolve around BeeDee, so i don't think i'll be playing a big part in tonight's events if that's the case.
Oh great. A Meg episode...
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I don't know if I want to run point tonight.
Troy

Post by Troy »

GORDON wrote: I don't know if I want to run point tonight.
You don’t have to, nor do you have to go to Kresk.

BUT, Metatron might need to talk to you about something, related to it.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Oh, this is awesome. *no, attractive woman, can't meet you tonight, because I got to play Dungeons & Dragons."