Want to play Dungeons and Dragons 5E?

Mostly PC, but console and mobile too
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: My fox.outfit gets used often enough that it rarely sees the closet.
Gordon hasn't seen the inside of a closet in a long time.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

We lost another party member tonight.

Mr. Sparkles is no longer with us. (Some called him Satan.)

However, BeeDee now has an axe called Treebane and we just happen to be in an encounter with a living tree...
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

When the horse dies he only needs to be summoned again.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Troy

Post by Troy »

ret-con: Before Strahd flew off he looked longingly at the ethereal city behind the wall of mists.

Szoldar suprised me and the druids by delaying the ritual pretty well. It's a tough encounter, but he got decently close for a round or two. That acid arrow crit was timely.
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

I wish I could have communicated to Koban to stay on the dancing Druid because I had a fool proof plan to escape the wasps. But since the DM would have heard, I kept it to myself! After the druids that I was measuring against moved just out of my range, I learned that I had to keep my plans to myself. ;-)
Troy

Post by Troy »

Cakedaddy wrote: I wish I could have communicated to Koban to stay on the dancing Druid because I had a fool proof plan to escape the wasps. But since the DM would have heard, I kept it to myself! After the druids that I was measuring against moved just out of my range, I learned that I had to keep my plans to myself. ;-)
I remember you mentioned something about this last session. I still am not sure what your talking about. Range of what spell?

I can’t stress enough how much I have going on in fights like that. Double so when I'm running NPCs off paper copies of the books and using druid spell cards.

I’m not trying to dismiss you, but I honestly don’t know what it refers to. I remember moving druids back to cover because 1) arrows nearly killed one and 2) after the first and second fireballs crisped a bunch.

E: Remember you can whisper to each other in the chat if you are worried about plans.
Last edited by Troy on Sun Jul 01, 2018 3:20 am, edited 9 times in total.
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

There was just one round where I had been measuring for a spell and aiming at a druid. That druid's turn you said something like "And I'm going to move this one over here" which was behind a wall breaking my line of sight. I chuckled at the coincidence and commented. But the fight was starting to turn SLIGHTLY to our favor (from my stand point) and it did make sense that they take cover.

I don't really think you were being malicious or cheating or anything. But I thought that my measuring lines may have tipped you off, or reminded you to move them into cover or something, so I did try to start to hide my intentions so as not to tip you off. I was surprised you grouped your Druids back up for that second fireball, given how hard the first one hit. I'm betting the next time you see my pre-measuring druid clusters, you remember to spread them back out! Again, I don't see that as you being malicious and cheating. But I'm not going to go out of my way to remind you to not cluster the bad guys either!
Alevard

Post by Alevard »

Hope he finds his fox outfit. The ones with the leather assless chaps and a a sign on his back with an arrow pointing down that reads open for business.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Note for Gordon: Don't bum rush the tree until we get everyone up and ready. We have two folks down I believe.

Also, you're out of healing.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Someone needs to.give a good narrative of.what happened.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Racist.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Racist.
Can't be racist against white people.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I've been racisted against twice so far, out here.
Troy

Post by Troy »

Session tomorrow, 7/6, 9PM est.

Quick synopsis: Last session the party cautiously scouted around Yester Hill. Near the top, they found a grove with an evil shriveled tree that had an axe sticking out of it. Non-good members of the party took turns getting pricked by the axe's "security features." Through trial and error, they learned the axe could only be wielded safely by a good-aligned character. BeeDee ended up pulling it out.

After this the party assaulted the circle of stones, trying to get at the wicker & earth statue at the center of the hill. The druids fought back, spells, arrows, summoned creatures and all kinds of carnage ensued. The druids completed the ritual, suffering losses. A giant tree creature burst out of the the statue. 30 feet tall, full of branches and roots, and slick with blood and sap. A green glow emanates from the creatures gaping maw.

The monster's first action was to toss the druid who had performed the ritual into the air, and eat her.

The party has one member unconscious, and others at low health. BeeDee vigorously laid hands on himself to stave off unconsciousness as his last action.

red arrow below - the remaining druids responded to the successful ritual by beginning to retreat off the hill, chanting "Wintersplinter! Winterspliner! Wintersplinter!"

Initiative wise, I think Alex gets the next turn.

GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I want to try to make it tonight, but I'm in the west coast time zone, at my dad's, and I think we're going to dinner at like 7 or 8.

Leisher: BDs steed can be summoned again with the second level spell. It's the same horse every time. I haven't yet read the summary to see how your incompetence got him killed, but I am sure Satan will have a sarcastic opinion about it, when he revives.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Also maybe the axe should stay in the tree, since obviously some good person must have put it in there for a good reason.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Leisher: BDs steed can be summoned again with the second level spell. It's the same horse every time. I haven't yet read the summary to see how your incompetence got him killed, but I am sure Satan will have a sarcastic opinion about it, when he revives.
I don't know who Satan is...I know who Mr. Sparkles was...
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I am playing your character perfectly. I've made jokes about the main baddie's mother and was inappropriate with Zelda.

Also, Mr. Sparkles is back!
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

So after seeing the map, I think next session should start with investigating druid hill, and then onto Krezk.