Want to play Dungeons and Dragons 5E?

Mostly PC, but console and mobile too
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Stranger wrote: I have not been privy to these discussions but that's ok, Mordigan plays to the beat of his own drum.
There is legit someone concerned you're working for Strahd. That is not a joke.

You missed what was essentially a strategic retreat scene tonight.

Current situation and scientific proof it can happen:

Reminder: We are in a long rest. Heal up bitches.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Troy

Post by Troy »

My dice rolling was extremely OP tonight until I tried to grab Ireena.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Ok, so I don't have to ask yet again during game time.... WHAT do I recover from a long rest? All my spells/abilities, and half my hit dice? How much health? I'm down to 11.

We go too long between sessions, sometimes, and I don't get a chance to reapply learned knowledge before I forget it.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Troy

Post by Troy »

Long rest gives you back all your health. Half your hit dice. All spell slots. And all healing hands.
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

Officially, hit dice recovered is equal to half your level. If you used all of your hit dice, then yes, it's half your level. But if you used 4 of your six, you will now have 5 hit dice having recovered half your level in hit dice.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I've always been a nerd and played D&D on and off since high school 30 years ago, but I've never touched a druid.

So her crazy, weird, off the walls spells that I don't expect and that keep coming through for us are kind of funny.

During our long rest under the lake, a salmon swims through our encampment. I bare-hand it and now we have dinner.
Stranger

Post by Stranger »

So the party ran from Strahd and left Vallaki to ruin? And now were sitting underwater with a campfire going? Interesting!
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Yeah, we had a plan, it immediately went south, but we stuck to the basic idea and surprised the DM. (pleasantly I believe)
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Troy

Post by Troy »

Leisher wrote: Yeah, we had a plan, it immediately went south, but we stuck to the basic idea and surprised the DM. (pleasantly I believe)
Last session was great from a "i didn't expect that" DM perspective.

I knew Zelda was a water Druid but had 0 idea she could turn the entire party into water breathing fish people. Solid all around. Still not sure how y’all don’t freeze to death but we’ll worry about that next session.
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

FIREBALL!!!
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I've worn wetsuits in 42 degree water. They get you wet, but the water doesn't circulate, so it takes in your body heat and keeps it there, more or less.

One assumes that all.this time, we have been dressed for the cold weather. Furs and wool wont be as efficient as a neoprene wetsuit, but it should still serve the same purpose, more or less.

Plus we have a fire going, but I don't know how serious that was.
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

Wool works well in cold water too its heavy and weighs you down, but still helps insulate.

From the Internet:
So even when wool is sopping wet-- so wet you can wring it out-- there are still insulating air pockets inside the fibre doing their best to help keep you warm. The water cannot get into the interior of the fibre. Wet wool is not full of water -- that is the major and important difference. Wool is like a wetsuit.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Plus we have a fire going, but I don't know how serious that was.
I've already provided scientific proof it's possible. :D

We're using thermite logs...
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Maybe if the DM still has a problem with it, he can generate a hidden underwater cave that contains a hermit, who will share his air bubble, but will also grant us really good treasure if we can answer his riddles.
Troy

Post by Troy »

It looks like I'll have to cover a trial site on Friday. Likely out.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I object!
Troy

Post by Troy »

No game tonight, working away. Next Friday should be good-to-go though.
Troy

Post by Troy »

Friday will be tough, for a few reasons, but it might be the last chance to play for a few weeks. I'm down to try and pull off a session. What's the parties situation?
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

I'm available.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I think I'll be available, but I'm fine if you guys want to hold off until the new year. We kind of are in a great holding spot.