Want to play Dungeons and Dragons 5E?

Mostly PC, but console and mobile too
Troy

Post by Troy »

Decent chance Zelda is back the next time we play, per her. She's too big of a nerd to stay away for long.

I need to figure out ways to streamline and move the plot along now that we are near the end. I'm ready to DM a non Barovia setting :)

Updated quest log looks something like:
  • - Find the last of the Madam Eva reading items - the "sword of sunlight"
    - (optional) Check out the temple in the mountains
    - Confront Strahd in Ravenloft
    - Escape Barovia

- (removed/not urgent) BD's death releases him from the Abbot's geas.
Stranger

Post by Stranger »

I'm ready to DM a non Barovia setting :)
Cool! What other modules do u have or thinking of getting? The dungeon of the mad mage came out not too long ago.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Troy

Post by Troy »

Stranger wrote:
I'm ready to DM a non Barovia setting :)
Cool! What other modules do u have or thinking of getting? The dungeon of the mad mage came out not too long ago.
I really like Chult setting - jungles, dinosaurs, pirates, ancient lost ruins, exploration, weird cultures...
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Will our existing characters be traveling to these new lands...if they survive Barovia?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Troy

Post by Troy »

Leisher wrote: Will our existing characters be traveling to these new lands...if they survive Barovia?
Dunno, haven't gotten that far yet. Mostly just like the setting and related module. Will have to see how things in Barovia end up...
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Will our existing characters be traveling to these new lands...if they survive Barovia?
Like, in their coffins?
It's not me, it's someone else.
Stranger

Post by Stranger »

Troy wrote:
Dunno, haven't gotten that far yet. Mostly just like the setting and related module. Will have to see how things in Barovia end up...
I had to do a little research to see what Chult was. Looks like Tomb of Annihalation takes place there. Might be a good one for u to check out Troy.

Most modules are set up to start over with new characters as far as I aware. And I’m good with that, I don’t know if I could do another year and a half of my whole group hating me, someone else can play that roll. I’d like to explore playing a new character, one with a few more talents other than swinging a sword.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Beedee.never hated you, but over time he has become thoroughly confused by you.

But then he died, so.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Troy

Post by Troy »

Tomb does seem pretty cool, it's the setting in one of the podcast I've been listening to. The book has tons of locations that you could turn into a "treasure hunters" kind of module.

A party that beat Strahd could be a over-leveled for most of the content though.

Hey Stranger don’t forget you could do a multi class in CoS.
Stranger

Post by Stranger »

Troy wrote: Hey Stranger don’t forget you could do a multi class in CoS.
I've thought about that, but my ability scores in wisdom, charisma and intelligence is below the minimum of 13. I could multi class a barbarian or rogue but at this point in the campaign its probably a little too late for that.

I do look forward to the next campaign if we do decide to do another.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Are we playing this Friday? (Asking for a friend.)
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Troy

Post by Troy »

Leisher wrote: Are we playing this Friday? (Asking for a friend.)
I'll be available. Zelda says she’s in.

E: Been jonesing for dnd. If not enough people show I’ll be tempted to just run a random one shot - dust off a weird map from the collection and go from there.
Alevard

Post by Alevard »

I'm in this Friday! Either continuation or all new fun one shot.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

*Think* I'm available.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Stranger

Post by Stranger »

I'm good to play.

Also, Leisher and i discussed our characters for our next adventure if and when one does happen.

We will be travelling bard brothers, he plays the lyre and i play the lute. We will spread our musical inspiration across the lands and charm any foe that crosses us instead of taking up arms. :lol: :lol: :lol:
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Stranger wrote: We will be travelling bard brothers, he plays the lyre and i play the lute. We will spread our musical inspiration across the lands and charm any foe that crosses us instead of taking up arms.
That'll be fun until you die in session 2.

Before you even encounter any monsters. :)
It's not me, it's someone else.
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

I thought you said you didn't want to he hated in the next session.
Troy

Post by Troy »

Looks like session is a go, play Strahd unless people are feeling like shaking things up.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I think we should finish Strahd before moving on. If we're not seeing the story through to the end, why are we playing?

Plus, I want to see if Koban survives. I want to see if Alex goes full evil or if he's bringing balance to the force. I want to see if Mordigan sticks more shit in his head. I want to see if Zelda ever successfully charms ANYONE. Is Szoldar's wife dead? (Seems like something he should have considered by now, right?) Will BeeDee part 2 also die and is he as openly ambiguous as the original BeeDee?

Lots of plot threads dangling.
Troy

Post by Troy »

Leisher wrote:
Lots of plot threads dangling.
Yeah, there's definitely plenty of things to clean up. I just don't want people to burn-out on the grim dark horror setting.

Status of various characters when we pick up tomorrow:

Zelda - been out of pocket for almost 24 hours ingame time. What happened?
BeeDee - His spirit was green lit to return from the grave somewhere in Vallaki
Koban - standing in the brazier room in Ravenloft soaking wet, with about 35 lbs of gems and coins in a sack and a perpetually glowing short sword.
Alex/Mordigan/Szoldar - sleeping off an amputation and copious amounts of cave mushroom beer at the barbarian trading camp