Want to play Dungeons and Dragons 5E?

Mostly PC, but console and mobile too
Troy

Post by Troy »

Barovia Village. Friendly priest, Donavich, is still there. Ismark, Ireenas brother still there too. Shopkeeper is a dick and runs the store.

We’ll have to go around and figure out what the split up party members are doing/planning. Not sure what to prep, but I’ll figure it out.
Last edited by Troy on Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

BD knows Zelda and Zoltan are in a snowy mountain pass.with the dragon skull. He knows the city has been forewarned about the attack.

He does NOT know the status of Alex, Leisher, and Mordigan. He is going to assume the escaped the castle alive, because there is no harm in doing so, and needs to be prepared in case they have.

His immediate concerns are his wounds, and his lack of weapons. DM only said WEAPONS, so I assume that meant the silver sword, silver javalins, and +1 Vegetation Pruning Axe. I assume he still has armor, shield, gold pouch.

In this town he is going to attempt to parley his status as a Paladin, Servant of the Morning Lord, and badass survivor of Ravenloft into healing, weapons, and a ride.

If we can use mirrors and traingulation of stars (or whatever) to figure out Zelda's location, I may head to them to help transport the skull to that place and collect our army. If they remain very lost and I can't get a direction in which to travel, I will begin travel to.... EITHER... the castle, blindly assuming the others walked out the front door, or that city under attack, which unless I get magical travel, I will be missing the fight, anyway.

Final decisions on travel direction will be made tonight after we communicate in game, a bit. Zelda and zoltar may decide they're good, and I'm not needed. We.may get word via Raven from Alex and crew. I'll decide as info comes in.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: In this town he is going to attempt to parley his status as a Paladin, Servant of the Morning Lord, and badass survivor of Ravenloft into healing, weapons, and a ride.
I'm already looking forward to BeeDee talking to the dick shopkeeper.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

His belligerent disposition didn't push my buttons, the way it did yours. I was ready to back your play, but he didn't bug me.

I'm thinking, if it comes down to needing his specific help because it came from nowhere else, I'm going to have to lay it out for him that there's a change in management coming, and he'll want to be on the good side of whomever ends up in charge. Strahd could, very slim chance, find out he provided me aid. Whereas, I will KNOW if he fucks me over. Tell him to play the odds.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

As the tank/damage sponge, I kind of vote to take the half plate, and then I can pass down the chainmail I already have to whomever could use it.

Hopefully zelda could use it. Then she can be super happy.
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

All that bickering. . . it's as if no one else was on that quest!!

I have not been using my cloak very well. It gives me a +1 to AC, which I didn't have on my sheet. It also gives me +1 to saving throws, which I have never used! Made notes so I don't miss it so much any more.

Note to our DM: Let us roll play our conflicts!! You kept trying defuse the situation "There's other stuff that's valuable here!" And others should stay in character and work it out. It worked so well for Stranger and I!!

Above, that's a good vote and makes sense. But Zelda has a hard on for the loot from this quest for some reason and it should be resolved in game and in character!
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

No argument from me, she was extremely valuable on this quest. If she thinks she needs to plate mail, by all means, it's hers.

She doesn't read these so Troy can pass that along.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Also, if Zelda insists on taking the plate mail, BD wouldn't be as quick to take heat off of her any more. She has the better armor, she's more able to take care of herself.

Role playing!
Troy

Post by Troy »

Totally right about not letting it play out.

From Zelda: Ok if BD gets the sword but has conditions about the others.

I severely under-prepped Vallaki so my mind was elsewhere at the end of the session. I almost forgot the Madam Eva item foretold on Vlad!

Overall loot from the Dragon Skull (Argynvostholt) quest-line:
Silver Dragon Greatsword
Half plate armor
Platinum + Gold Holy Symbol
Silver Statue

(global +1 AC bonus while Argynvostholt beacon lit)
(revenant allies agreed to help Vallaki)

BD was handed the sword. The rest fell to the ground when the head revenant dusted away.

Zelda pointed out she can't wear the metal armor.
Last edited by Troy on Sat Oct 20, 2018 1:24 am, edited 10 times in total.
Troy

Post by Troy »

Update on the Madam Eva quest readings from April (jeez)

1) Item 1
"This card will guide you to an item of history and magical lore. Knowledge of the ancient will help you better understand your enemy."

"I see a nest of ravens. There you will find your prize." Location: Wereravens had the the Tome of Strahd. Alex read it.

2) Item 2
"This card will guide you to an item for magic and protection, an icon of great hope."

"The treasure lies in a dragon's house, in hands once clean and now corrupted. Location: Dropped by head revenant Vlad in Argynvostholt

3) Item 3
"This card will guide you to an item of strength and purity. It tells of a weapon of vengeance: a sword of sunlight."

"Go the mountains. Climb the white tower guarded by golden knights."

4)Ally
"This card will shed light on one who will help you greatly in the battle against the darkness."

"A man of death named Arrigal will forsake his dark lord to serve your cause. Beware! He has a rotten soul."
Party has encountered Arrigal a few times now - went after the hags to rescue his daughter.

5)Strahd Encounter
“Your enemy is a creature of darkness, whose powers are beyond mortality. This card will lead you to him!”

"He waits for you in a place of wisdom, warmth and despair. Great secrets are there."
A few people were lit on fire, one got charmed, but it didn't end up being a fight.

6) Extra reading to the question: "Where can we find the cure to our unnatural aging?"

"I see a lonely mill on a precipice. Those inside can create what you seek. Tread with caution - it will cost you dearly"
Jenny Green-teeth ended up helping solve this one. Intro'd through the Burgomaster's evil wizard son.
Stranger

Post by Stranger »

GORDON wrote: Also, if Zelda insists on taking the plate mail, BD wouldn't be as quick to take heat off of her any more. She has the better armor, she's more able to take care of herself.

Role playing!
Hey BD, half plate is only a medium armor and has an AC of 15 + dex modifier and your chainmail is heavy armor with an AC of 16.

So unless you have a dex modifier of +2 the chanimail will be equal to or better than the half plate.

But according the PHB the half plate is worth much more gold, 750gp vs 75gp.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Gonna wear both sets and be super armored.
Stranger

Post by Stranger »

This sucks. My step son’s high school football team somehow made the playoffs going 5-4 and they’ve got a game Friday night...

The game starts at 7 and is about an hour drive from home. I’m guessing the earliest I’d be home would be 10. So I guess I’ll be late, once again sorry.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

This Friday is also going to be weird for me. The kid has a thing that just came up, and I'll need to leave at about 11pm to go pick him up.

So.

Yeah.

I'll just let Stranger play BD when I have to leave. I can foresee no problems with that.
Troy

Post by Troy »

Hmmm. Sounds like two ppl partially down already. Anyone else? Thoughts?
Troy

Post by Troy »

Zelda wouldn’t mind doing yoga tomorrow. Thinking good night for no game.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Troy wrote: Zelda wouldn’t mind doing yoga tomorrow.
Getting more bendy isn't going to help her land Muriel.

I'm fine with no game tomorrow.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Alevard

Post by Alevard »

I think for the next session, since it will be a potential full on attack on Vilaki, we should all be able to focus on it. So I vote postpone game for next week as well.
Stranger

Post by Stranger »

So somehow the shitty local high school football team won last Friday night and there is yet another playoff game this Friday night, not locally either... i guess getting a Friday night free just isn't happening for me.

My wife and i are really hoping they lose, we're already tired of going to the games.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Stranger wrote: So somehow the shitty local high school football team won last Friday night and there is yet another playoff game this Friday night, not locally either... i guess getting a Friday night free just isn't happening for me.

My wife and i are really hoping they lose, we're already tired of going to the games.
How is your kid(s) connected?

I have the same shitty local high school football team and I don't have to go to the games.