Want to play Dungeons and Dragons 5E?

Mostly PC, but console and mobile too
Troy

Post by Troy »

Game Friday. Stu is back, pretty sure. He sounded confused things had remained unchanged in his absence.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Tickets never came through, so I'm in.

This is to remind Gordon... :D
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Troy

Post by Troy »

Going to have prep today to get back up to speed after the hiatus. Everyone don't forget you are Level 6 now.
Stranger

Post by Stranger »

Just found out that we’ve got company stopping by tonight. Not sure how long they’ll be here but it could be a while. I’ll be on soon as I can. Sorry everyone, please go ahead and play without me.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

Best night so far, I'd say. Tons of action and suspense. Can't help but wonder how differently things would have turned out had a full on Mordigan been present. Thank you for the gift of saving our paladin from a 190 foot fall!
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

It was a gift... I won't deny that.

However... I had an argument ready.

One assumes there is a delay between my performing the "Lay on Hands" action, and then the damage being healed. If I';d timed it just right...

Lay on Hands
*splat*
Damage Healed

Then it isn't so far fetched. That was a DM's discretion thing, I'm sure... but I wouldn't go so far as to say we broke any rules.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Also I think I was a better liar tonight than my "Deception" rolls would suggest. I got in the zone, finally. I should have been able to talk my way out of things better, by invoking Strahd's promise of protection. Just because there was a loud crash doesn't mean the offer was rescinded.
Troy

Post by Troy »

GORDON wrote: Also I think I was a better liar tonight than my "Deception" rolls would suggest. I got in the zone, finally. I should have been able to talk my way out of things better, by invoking Strahd's promise of protection. Just because there was a loud crash doesn't mean the offer was rescinded.
Sometime the dice are rough on you. Them's the breaks. You just had a bad bout of rolling there and the witch rolled well. It could have ended very differently. I did say the witch had a broom :twisted:

And I did strip BD of his weapons, so that was pretty harsh? I liked the in-the-moment idea of trying to lay-on-hands as he went splat. And he rolled a 16 on his dex check for it, with barely any bonus, so it seemed right.
Last edited by Troy on Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I still want to talk to the manager about the help. Customer service was atrocious.

I'm confident BD will get modestly reequipped by someone in the town, when he/she hears my tale, and the info that I valiantly made sure arrived in Valaki, on time.
Troy

Post by Troy »

Ending locations of the party:

BeeDee : Burgomaster's mansion in barovia village (w/ barely working legs)
Alex, Koban, Mordigan: Outside the castle gates (150 gold, 10 silver, richer)
Szoldar, Zelda: A remote mountain pass. Carrying a 250 lb dragon skull.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Build a sled for the skull. SNow.
Troy

Post by Troy »

Also BeeDee thunderous smited Escher through a window, which was fucking awesome.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Troy wrote: Also BeeDee thunderous smited Escher through a window, which was fucking awesome.
That was pretty cool. Also now I can say it was just rough sex. I knew he'd heal. "DO not run, I am your friend!" *slice*
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

I imagined BD falling through the air with his body horizontal facing the ground. His hands in front of him, palms facing him. Lay on hands primed so as he hit the ground, the ground would force his hands into him applying Lay On Hands at the moment of impact.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Yeah, tongith was the first night where the time flew by, and I was ready to keep going. Fun.
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

I'm not just messing with you Stranger, because you weren't there. You really did miss a good one!!
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

It was a ton of fun last night.

So much shit went down and the action going on in multiple places really added to the drama. Should be interesting next week as Gordon is way out of the fight on the other side of the map, Szoldar and Zelda are lost, and Mordigan, Koban, and Alex need to get back to Valaki for the invasion.

I do want to say that two things threw me off during the session. First, I thought Koban's cliffhanger with the vampires would be addressed, but it never was and I thought Troy was intentionally skipping it as it wasn't a planned thing and was a goof or something, but then he called me out for not going. My fault for not specifically asking about it. Second, we need a clock. I was crazy confused by the vampires all walking around wide awake during the day. None of them were sleeping. One of the keys of the heist is that we were in a vampire's house, and thus, pulling anything off at night wouldn't make sense. They sleep during the day, so that's when we planned for our heist. That all had me confused. That's why before leaping through the fireplace I said, "If Strahd is on the other side of this, the campaign is going to be short." I thought he was sleeping!

That was an awesome moment though. I swear to you I thought we were rolling new characters for the next session. We were fucked. Thankfully, Strahd really isn't a horrible guy.

I'm really looking forward to this invasion in Valaki. I hope it's similarly hectic.

By the way, I don't think anyone mentioned how Gordon went way above and beyond being willing to go gay for them team. Also, are we going to tell Mordigan about his kiss with Alex?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Stranger

Post by Stranger »

Cakedaddy wrote: I'm not just messing with you Stranger, because you weren't there. You really did miss a good one!!
Yeah, I’m a bit upset about missing last night. They kinda invited themselves over and I was none to happy about it honestly. Can’t wait to hear more details.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Troy

Post by Troy »

I've been wanting to throw someone off Ravenloft so badly I specifically created a magic item to be used in such an event. Nobody wanted it though - poor Jenny, just trying to be helpful.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Personally, I would have been fine if BD's last words had been, "Go fuck yourself."

He's coming back. The Lord of Morning is going to come for a reaping, and I am the instrument of His will.