Sea of Thieves

Mostly PC, but console and mobile too
Leisher
Site Admin

Sea of Thieves

Post by Leisher »

Rust at sea.

Looks interesting and getting decent word of mouth. Still in beta though, and has a long way to go.

Watched a video of two guys fighting and the reload on the guns was hilariously long. That's not a criticism. It showed the person pouring in the powder, stuffing the barrel, etc. Pretty cool.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Troy

Sea of Thieves

Post by Troy »

OH man, I watched a Twitch stream of this game and it looked really fun.

My biggest takeway is that they have the best wave and storm animations of any game I've seen. Very piratey, four people group on the twitch stream seemed to be the minimum to crew one of the big ships. You are still leaving 10-15 empty "do stuff" slots like cannons, sails, lookout, steering, map room. Will totally be in when it reaches a later stage.

The Twitch stream fellas got sunk by two guys in a smaller vessel who seemed to be constantly on their horizon for a few miles and then suddenly they were in a side by side cannon fest with him.