Robot Cache

Mostly PC, but console and mobile too
Leisher
Site Admin

Robot Cache

Post by Leisher »

A new Steam competitor.

Here's the idea behind it: Developers get a larger profit and gamers get to sell their digital games.

Don't get too excited though...

First, you can only sell games bought through Robot Cache.

Second, you can only sell the games for "Iron". What's Iron? A new crypto currency exclusive to Robot Cache. Your PC can even mine it when you're not gaming.

Third, the price you can sell your games will be determined by the developer and you only get 25% back.

I like the concepts at play here, but there are some massive catches.

They're gambling that people will abandon their Steam libraries for fewer games and what amounts to Chuck E. Cheese tickets.

This is being built by Brian Fargo and a couple of other developers, and you can tell because it's heavily developer friendly. I think they're overestimating the appeal to gamers.

For example, Steam users can already mine for cards, which can be sold for actual money.

I think this will be an "also ran".
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Robot Cache

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: but there are some massive catches
More like Robot CATCH, right? Huh? Yeah?
It's not me, it's someone else.