SCUM

Mostly PC, but console and mobile too
Leisher
Site Admin

SCUM

Post by Leisher »

This game looks interesting.

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

SCUM

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

SCUM

Post by Leisher »

Released today and it's only $20.
Cakedaddy

SCUM

Post by Cakedaddy »

So what do you do in it? Just box and snipe?
Leisher
Site Admin

SCUM

Post by Leisher »

I believe it's a Rust clone. However, it's early access, and some of the negative reviews indicate it's not ready for prime time. Neither was Rust though.
Cakedaddy

SCUM

Post by Cakedaddy »

Leisher wrote: I believe it's a Rust clone. However, it's early access, and some of the negative reviews indicate it's not ready for prime time. Neither was is Rust though.
Figured it was. But when they didn't show any PvP, building, crafting, etc, I wasn't sure.
Leisher
Site Admin

SCUM

Post by Leisher »

It's the top seller on Steam already.

At $20, the price is right. I'm 90% certain I'll pick it up this weekend. Even if it sucks at the moment, in 2 years it might be great.

I mean Rust still isn't done yet I've enjoyed an hour or two playing that...
Cakedaddy

SCUM

Post by Cakedaddy »

Just saw that this is by those who brought us Serious Sam. Ouch. Major points off for me.
Leisher
Site Admin

SCUM

Post by Leisher »

FYI, I bought it.

I only managed a single play over the weekend. Steep learning curve like any other survival game. It has promise.
Leisher
Site Admin

SCUM

Post by Leisher »

You can make masks out of human skin.

Now that I shed Madden (The completionist in me wanted to keep going, but the realist convinced him it would never end.) I'll be giving this one a try over the weekend.
Leisher
Site Admin

SCUM

Post by Leisher »

I've tried playing this a few times.

By a country mile, the most unintuitive game I've ever played.

No instructions. Maybe I missed the tutorial?

If I told you I had to search YouTube to figure out how to do even the most basic tasks, would that sell you on the game?

I did figure out how to pick up stones and craft a stone knife and a stone axe head, but that's about it. I ran around for a while trying to figure out how to get sticks.

Even storing items is a chore and not intuitive.

My guy also had to take a wicked piss, and I hit every key on my keyboard to no avail.

It's pretty, and there does seem to be a crazy deep crafting system. There's also PVP.

I'm worried that SCUM's great ideas are going to get smothered by bad design. Maybe I'm just not putting enough time into it, but should I have to? I didn't struggle like this in Rust.

I would currently say its not yet ready for prime time...