Humble Bundle

Mostly PC, but console and mobile too
TheCatt
Site Admin

Humble Bundle

Post by TheCatt »

Oh, whoa. I was on my phone. It’s much clearer on my iPad Pro. Like a whole different site.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Humble Bundle

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
Leisher wrote:
TheCatt wrote:
I didn't see a price or how pricing would work?
Are you just watching the video or going to the link I posted?
Just the link
Then scroll down...All the plans, prices, and details are there.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Humble Bundle

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Humble Bundle

Post by Leisher »

Pretty good bundle for $30 ($1,071 value) or more to help with COVID-19.

Some damn good titles in there, and while I own a good number of them I'm going to still make the purchase. It's for a good cause and I can gift the keys for the games I have.
Leisher
Site Admin

Humble Bundle

Post by Leisher »

Eliminating tiers, coming out with their own launcher, giving members a bigger discount, and constant/immediate access to a large library of indy games.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Humble Bundle

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 2:08 pm Eliminating tiers, coming out with their own launcher, giving members a bigger discount, and constant/immediate access to a large library of indy games.
But will I give a shit about any of the games?
Leisher
Site Admin

Humble Bundle

Post by Leisher »

The indy ones? No. I've never seen one that caught my interest. Although, to be fair, I'm not looking very hard at them.

For the monthly batch of professionally made games, there's usually 1-2 that are already on my Steam wishlist. Another 1-2 that look interesting.

I've got a ton of games in my Humble Bundle library I've never played or even redeemed. Stranger is right. I should start giving them away during streams.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Humble Bundle

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:40 pm I've got a ton of games in my Humble Bundle library I've never played or even redeemed. Stranger is right. I should start giving them away during streams.
That one dude better enjoy his new library of shitty games.
Leisher
Site Admin

Humble Bundle

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 5:03 pm
Leisher wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:40 pm I've got a ton of games in my Humble Bundle library I've never played or even redeemed. Stranger is right. I should start giving them away during streams.
That one dude better enjoy his new library of shitty games.
I have at least TWO viewers!!!
Leisher
Site Admin

Humble Bundle

Post by Leisher »

Do you support Ukraine?

Do you love gaming?

Stand with Ukraine bundle is 124 items for $40!!!

There are quality AAA titles in there!

(Came back to change "games" to "items". Noticed the bottom stuff are different things, like Vol 1 of The Boys (graphic novel, not the show. However, the top 100 or so are games.)

I'll get some extra keys, but no way I'm passing on this.

P.S. Back 4 Blood is a coop game and included...
Leisher
Site Admin

Humble Bundle

Post by Leisher »

They added two more games today. Do not pass this deal up. You're helping Ukraine AND getting a fuckton of free games.

Hey Catt, how can one write this off as a charitable donation? :D
TheCatt
Site Admin

Humble Bundle

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 2:42 pm Hey Catt, how can one write this off as a charitable donation?
:D indeed

Step 1: Get nothing in return instead of a bunch of games.

Step 2: Did you read Step 1?
Leisher
Site Admin

Humble Bundle

Post by Leisher »

But I didn't receive anything! The gaming industry has become quite fond of telling us we don't own games, we're just licensing them! So I actually received NOTHING! Give me my tax credit!
Cakedaddy

Humble Bundle

Post by Cakedaddy »

Almost $18 million raised. I wonder what their biggest is.
Leisher
Site Admin

Humble Bundle

Post by Leisher »

I think I saw three purchases for $10K each.

This Bundle has Back4Blood is $60 all by itself. Buying the Bundle for $40 AND getting 120+ other things is amazing.

DLing B4B now so it's available if we ever multi again.
Cakedaddy

Humble Bundle

Post by Cakedaddy »

Also, I knew they changed the way the donation amount works, because the slider bar went away. But:
Default Donation, a $25 purchase will give $21.25 to the publisher, $1.25 to charity, and $2.50 to the Humble Bundle platform. If you select Extra to Charity, the publisher cut will be dropped to $20, Humble Bundle will get $1.25, and the charity will receive $3.75. Basically, you’re choosing between a 5% donation or a 15% donation to charity.
I had no idea they were pretty much stiffing the charities now.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Humble Bundle

Post by TheCatt »

Cakedaddy wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 6:40 pm Also, I knew they changed the way the donation amount works, because the slider bar went away. But:
Default Donation, a $25 purchase will give $21.25 to the publisher, $1.25 to charity, and $2.50 to the Humble Bundle platform. If you select Extra to Charity, the publisher cut will be dropped to $20, Humble Bundle will get $1.25, and the charity will receive $3.75. Basically, you’re choosing between a 5% donation or a 15% donation to charity.
I had no idea they were pretty much stiffing the charities now.
Holy fuck.
Leisher
Site Admin

Humble Bundle

Post by Leisher »

FYI, the Ukraine bundle is 100% to the Ukraine charities.

But yeah, I knew their model had changed a bit because they were in danger of folding.

To be fair, it's still more than what Steam, Microsoft, EGS, Apple, Sony, Nintendo, etc. are doing for charity.
Cakedaddy

Humble Bundle

Post by Cakedaddy »

If they were in danger of folding, why are the publishers getting 75-85% of the money? They are still only getting 10%. I mean, this is worse than Girl Scout Cookie shares. It's as if the publishers bought HB and changed the model to make a ton of money from this "charity" site. Hell, the marketing companies asking me to support the police give 20% to the police, and I think they are scum.

This REALLY changes how I feel about HB and the money I spend there. A LOT of times I'd be on the fence about wanting something and talk myself into it saying "Well, it's for charity".
Leisher
Site Admin

Humble Bundle

Post by Leisher »

Cakedaddy wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:50 pm If they were in danger of folding, why are the publishers getting 75-85% of the money?
Ask them. I think they altered their rates with Epic (?) and also sued Steam recently in what will probably be a losing case. I don't think it's wise to sue a company whose marketing and reviews you use for your own store, but whatever.

Doesn't really affect me much. The charity gimmick grabs my attention when it's something like this one: 100%. Other than that, I never paid much attention to it. I just know I'm getting games much cheaper than what they are elsewhere.