The Room

Mostly PC, but console and mobile too
Leisher
Site Admin

The Room

Post by Leisher »

I would add a "Yay Steam Sale" here, but you can just assume every game I buy is via a Steam Sale.

The Room is from 2012 and apparently started as a game for iPad. There are 4-5 sequels, but only 1 and 2 seem to be on PC.

This is a standard puzzle game. You're given various boxes that only you can crack because you have a specific eyeglass that others wouldn't have. The boxes are really intricate and there are more puzzles in each box than you'll believe.

Every puzzle is different, but none are hard enough to send you scrambling for hints from the internet. There is a in game hint supplier that I had to use once because I didn't notice the difference between something with my glasses on and off. The hint was pretty obscure, so that was nice. Still, I beat the game in an evening while watching TV, so you should have no issues ripping through it.

It's absolutely worth it if you like puzzle games and can get it for $3 or less.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”