Fortnite

Mostly PC, but console and mobile too
Cakedaddy

Fortnite

Post by Cakedaddy »

He might win. But everyone else hates him for being a. . . . well, he's your son, so. . . ;-)

But then, TECHnically, it was your idea, so.
Leisher
Site Admin

Fortnite

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Fortnite

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Fortnite

Post by GORDON »

"And fuck your mom, too." Classic.

My son and I were talking about that phenomenon this morning on the way to school, how every online gamer in the world has "done your mom." He knows the meme.

Anyway, I told him that I had a lot of girlfriends in the 80s, before I got married. And I said, "Conceivably, many of them have gamer kids, now. So when I tell someone online that I did their mom, there is a non-zero percentage chance that it's actually true."
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Fortnite

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Anyway, I told him that I had a lot of girlfriends in the 80s, before I got married. And I said, "Conceivably, many of them have gamer kids, now. So when I tell someone online that I did their mom, there is a non-zero percentage chance that it's actually true."
I've had the same thought many times. "You're just talking shit, but I could, in fact, be your father."
thibodeaux

Fortnite

Post by thibodeaux »

Dunno if you’re following the incoming comet storyline. Looks like they’re planning to destroy Tilted Toeers. My son saw several meteors hit today. Lots of tvs on roofs and stuff.
Leisher
Site Admin

Fortnite

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Fortnite

Post by Leisher »

Obviously fake, but even Musk retweeted it.

Leisher
Site Admin

Fortnite

Post by Leisher »

GORDON
Site Admin

Fortnite

Post by GORDON »

My kid has turned against that fandom.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Fortnite

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: My kid has turned against that fandom.
First Rick and Morty, now this.
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Fortnite

Post by GORDON »

Yep. He's pretty sensitive to the whims of the internet.

*teenagers*
Leisher
Site Admin

Fortnite

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Fortnite

Post by TheCatt »

But didn't he just steal his dance from Courtney Cox?
Leisher
Site Admin

Fortnite

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
TheCatt wrote:
No idea.

I do know these lawsuits are piling up. Everyone and their brother is now suing Epic Games over these dances that were created with the intent of selling them to players. Point being, they made money off of these dances without permission from the creators. It would be much different if they were just in the game, but these are specially purchased items.

Here's just a top 10 list of fortnite dances and where they're from...keep in mind that I believe there are around 131 dances...

So one has to wonder what effect these lawsuits could have on the Epic Games store?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Fortnite

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

Fortnite

Post by Leisher »

That's probably going to hurt his lawsuit.
thibodeaux

Fortnite

Post by thibodeaux »

Are dances moves even considered IP?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Fortnite

Post by TheCatt »

thibodeaux wrote: Are dances moves even considered IP?
Right? I assume he must be doing it on the basis of likeness? But I dont see how a move could be copyrighted. Mayyybbee trademarked.
Troy

Fortnite

Post by Troy »

First, unless he had a very unique contract, the IP would belong to the production company that employed him at the time.

And second, I'm pretty sure you can't trademark a simple dance like that. See: https://www.copyright.gov/circs/circ52. ... cle_inline

e: and third, as posted above, there appears to be prior art out in the wild (Courtney Cox's dance in that Bruce Springsteen video) The owner would have to prove they added something novel to that original dance

Only people making money here are the lawyers filing briefs on both sides.