Orwell

Mostly PC, but console and mobile too
Leisher
Site Admin

Orwell

Post by Leisher »

A $5 game that's current part of a decent bundle with another highly rated game.

It's more of an interactive story than a game. Although, I'm 100% certain my actions did affect the events that took place. I'm pretty sure I got someone killed, but maybe I didn't?

Essentially, you're Big Brother. You are and you aren't. You're attempting to track down some potentially bad people, and questionable things occur that are supposed to make you question the concept of what you're doing.

This was interesting and I could see this sparking debate, particularly among the people on this forum. The game is well designed, but it gets a bit clunky when they try to "force your hand" and limit the job you can do. Thankfully, this really only happens towards the end and it's intentional because it leads to the climax.

I'm going to play through it again to see if I can save the one person who I think I helped kill through my actions. I'll update either way. Obviously, it'd be more impressive if I save them, otherwise it's far more story than game.

I can't recommend the bundle at this time as I haven't played the other game. I also can't recommend this at $5. Personally, I easily got $5 worth of entertainment, but I think it'd be easier for folks to swallow at less than $5.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”