Moirai

Mostly PC, but console and mobile too
Leisher
Site Admin

Moirai

Post by Leisher »

Quick someone go play this free game on Steam. Takes 5 minutes and is a small download.

I'm not telling you anything else.

Don't read the rest of the chain, just go play then come back.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Moirai

Post by TheCatt »

Whoa.
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Moirai

Post by GORDON »

SPOILER, don't read this if you haven't played the game.

As you left the cave you were confronted by a farmer called Your mom. They asked you three questions.
The first question that was asked was:
Why do you have blood on your overalls?

To which you responded:
I got spit upon.

The second question that was asked was:
Why do you have a knife?

To which you responded:
For the sheep. (I was trying to decide if I should repeat what the previous person had said... he said, "I just got done murdering sheep/For the aformentioned sheep/and i forget what he said about the moaning)

The third question that was asked was:
I heard moans, what have you done?

To which you responded:
Nothing.

After hearing your answers Your mom decided to kill you with the knife received from the wood chopper. Which was unfortunate as you chose to spare the life of the previous farmer, HAIL HITLER.
And that draws an end to your involvement in this story. Thank you for playing.

Your Mom, and Hail Hitler. Nice.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Moirai

Post by Leisher »

My experience was very similar to Gordon's except involving the n word.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Moirai

Post by TheCatt »

Hah! Mine was clean.
As you left the cave you were confronted by a farmer called Alex. They asked you three questions.

The first question that was asked was:

Why do you have blood on your overalls?

To which you responded:

i dont know

The second question that was asked was:

Why do you have a knife?

To which you responded:

i dont know

The third question that was asked was:

I heard moans, what have you done?

To which you responded:

nothing

After hearing your answers Alex decided to let you pass. This seems appropriate as you let the previous farmer, Chris, walk past despite being covered in blood.

And that draws an end to your involvement in this story. Thank you for playing.
Leisher
Site Admin

Moirai

Post by Leisher »

They shut it down today.

From the devs:
Hi everyone,

I thought I’d do a short writeup to say that Moirai will no longer be available to play through. We’ve updated the game build so that it locks players at the title screen.

We’re a small team consisting of an artist, composer and programmer. We all work full time jobs outside of games and have many additional commitments beyond our jobs. We’re not commercial indie game developers making a living off our work. The exciting thing about that is we can work on little experiments like Moirai that are free from commercial constraints.

Moirai started as a small experimental game that we made for the 7DFPS game jam several years ago. It was a passion project that we just had to make because the idea was so compelling. We released the game on several small portals; GameJolt, itch.io and IndieDB in 2013 and then on Steam in 2016.

I think it’s important for us to point out that Moirai has always been a completely free game. It’s a project that we haven’t financially gained from. We are also personally paying regular monthly costs to maintain the game. We do this because it’s important for us that these different experiences exist out in the world.

Since launching on Steam our database has received several attacks. We’ve worked hard (and sometimes with supportive community members) to update our system to a more manageable state and minimise the likelihood of attacks.

However recently our database was under a repeatable attack that ruined the game experience for a few players and resulted in it going offline. It’s important that you know that no email data was compromised in this attack. However this vulnerability means that we are subject to future attacks. We’re not a large studio and we don’t have the resources to properly prevent against these attacks so we’re going to pull the game from the store.

We’d like to thank everyone who has played Moirai and have shared it with their friends. It’s certainly been an interesting adventure for us and we hope it was for you too!

Chris, John and Brad
GORDON
Site Admin

Moirai

Post by GORDON »

People suck.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Moirai

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

Moirai

Post by Leisher »

The game was brilliant.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Moirai

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Moirai

Post by TheCatt »

So, what if each play is a generational, evolving game, your current state driven by the decisions of those before.

An alternative idea being a day in the life game with persistent choices, you play one day in the life.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Moirai

Post by TheCatt »