Far Sky

Mostly PC, but console and mobile too
Leisher
Site Admin

Far Sky

Post by Leisher »

Got this for a buck during a Steam Sale or a Humble Bundle. I'm in a lull waiting for my new PC to arrive, so I installed this for giggles. I don't want to get into anything bigger until I get my new system with the 1080 Ti. (I'm looking at you DOOM.)

Your sub or something crashes and gets destroyed. Now you're underwater and have to find the pieces. There are convenient bases located down here in the ocean's depths that give you shelter, food, and a place to upgrade your shit.

This also adds a building element to the game that I didn't find too deep.

Do your shit during the day. If you go out at night you'll be attacked endlessly.

No instructions at all, so it took me a moment to understand the basics of the game, but long story short: extractors and your drill gather stuff. Get good ore for better equipment. Kill fish for food. Cook it. Grab seaweed for bandages. Use them if you're bleeding.

After you find the 9 pieces, you can do the game in sandbox mode, but I didn't see the point. This isn't Rust. For $1 it was exceptional despite me beating the game in a single sitting.

Incidentally, my wife pitched this game to me several years ago. Like I told her then, "meh".
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”