Terraria - PC

Mostly PC, but console and mobile too
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I saw this during one of Steam's daily sales. It was under $10 and looked like an old school side scroller, so I picked it up for fun. Plus, the reviews were all glowing.

I loaded it up about a week after purchase and tried it out to find that it was really boring, and there was no direction in the game. A few days later while bored I figured I'd give it another shot. I'm glad I did because I began figuring things out and the game got to be a lot more fun and addictive.

The basics of the game is that you're simply exploring and crafting. There is lots of fighting too, but in the early stages it's more of an annoyance to your exploring and crafting.

I've heard it compared to Minecraft, which I haven't played, but I guess that's a fair statement. Here's someone else's review.

Notice they said "Minecraft smashed into a 2D scroller and made simpler." I think that's a great assessment.

This game has zero story, but keeps you entertained with that "one more minute" addiction. they're constantly updating it with new items, monsters, etc., too.

I recommend it for those of you who have Steam.

Here's a beginner's guide.

5 "best" mods.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Terraria - PC

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”