Borderlands 3

Mostly PC, but console and mobile too
Leisher
Site Admin

Borderlands 3

Post by Leisher »

The positive part of them making this an Epic Games exclusive is I won't have to worry about spending $60 on it. The lemmings can do that, and since I no longer have to worry about co-op, I'll just wait for the game of the year edition and get the base game and the DLC for much cheaper.

Thank you for saving me money!
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Borderlands 3

Post by Leisher »

Petition to release game on Steam - That will result in nothing.

Never thought about this, but I saw it mentioned elsewhere that people who buy it on the EGS won't be able to play the game with people who get it on Steam.

Posted on Randy Pitchford's twitter:

I'd be more willing to believe it if the epic exclusive wasn't mentioned.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Borderlands 3

Post by TheCatt »

It's not me, it's someone else.
Stranger

Borderlands 3

Post by Stranger »

The more I read about epic and all the controversy makes me really want the game on Steam.

Looks like it’s gonna be a 6 month exclusive so it will be on Steam by next April. The question I’ve gotta ask myself is, am I that hard up to play the game this September vs waiting another 6 months?

It looks like there’s a strong possibility that it will be cross platform so I’d imagine if that’s the case then epic and Steam users could play together.

I guess I’ll sit and wait to see how I feel when the game gets released. If I’ve got other games that are keeping me satisfied then I might be able to hold out another 6 months. But it could also be an impulse buy when I’m drunk and bored one night, it’s happened before..
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
TheCatt
Site Admin

Borderlands 3

Post by TheCatt »

Stranger wrote: I guess I’ll sit and wait to see how I feel when the game gets released. If I’ve got other games that are keeping me satisfied then I might be able to hold out another 6 months. But it could also be an impulse buy when I’m drunk and bored one night, it’s happened before..
Yeah, I'm going to wait for reviews. See how long the single player/local campaign is, how good the writing is, etc.
Leisher
Site Admin

Borderlands 3

Post by Leisher »

Catt, you're becoming the king of posting memes that are ridiculously one sided. :D

Other fun tidbits to help you make your decision:
-Tencent, a stake holder in the EGS, has sold user data to the Chinese government.
-A lot of people actually consider the EGS itself to be spyware.
-It's been hacked three times already in its short existence.
-Their anti-forum position is because they don't think consumers should have a place on their platform to complain about their developers' products because it could negatively affect sales. (This is in writing.)
-They're discussing adding a reviews section, but it will be opt-in only by developers. That means that you can't review something unless the developer says it's ok, and if they don't like your reviews, they can opt-out.
-Their TOS are like MySpace's from way back in the day. Remember that one? Basically, they have the right to monetize anything you do or say while using their launcher.
-You cannot play games offline.
-Their customer service is apparently pretty non-existent.
-Want to delete your account? It takes 14 days and is a long, convoluted process.
-Their policies are also very anti-gog, humblebundle, etc. They want to eliminate that market "so developers can make the most profit possible".

I sincerely don't understand why anyone would buy anything from Epic. Granted, if they didn't know all the ills of the EGS and were ignorant about how exclusivity is a negative to consumers, I could understand, but once someone knows all that, what would be their excuse?

"Yeah, my CC info was stolen, HumbleBundle is out of business, I pay more for games now, and I stripped all the power out of my voice as a consumer, BUT I did get to play BL3 6 months before people on Steam, so WIN!" :P
Stranger wrote: But it could also be an impulse buy when I’m drunk and bored one night, it’s happened before..
I did that with the last Madden and have completely and utterly regretted it. Man I wish I could take that one back.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Borderlands 3

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Catt, you're becoming the king of posting memes that are ridiculously one sided.
They're memes, it's not like they're books.

Leisher
Site Admin

Borderlands 3

Post by Leisher »

People who can't spell shouldn't make memes.
Leisher
Site Admin

Borderlands 3

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Borderlands 3

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

Borderlands 3

Post by Leisher »

While playing co-op loot will no longer be fought over.

That's cool. This is not:

Randy Pitchford's a whiny little cunt.

He's now "happy" about 2K's decision to make BL3 an Epic exclusive because some Steam users review bombed BL1 & 2. Fuck the tens of millions who didn't. He also shits on Valve for not protecting the review process from that, completely ignoring the fact that Valve already has protections for such a thing in place and were actively protecting BL1 & 2.

Randy Pitchford and Tim Sweeney are proving to be greedy cunts who don't give a fuck about consumers. Not sure I want BL3 at all right now.
GORDON
Site Admin

Borderlands 3

Post by GORDON »

My kid is aware of the controversy, and says it is ok to buy it on the XBox1.

Is he right?
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Borderlands 3

Post by TheCatt »

Pitchford is a little bitch.
GORDON wrote: My kid is aware of the controversy, and says it is ok to buy it on the XBox1.

Is he right?
Prior to this latest bullshit, I would have said yes, as that was my plan.

Now, I think Randy can go fuck himself.
Stranger

Borderlands 3

Post by Stranger »

B3 gameplay reveal trailer.

Couple of new features:

Degrading Cover
Certain guns have alternate firing modes (regular ammo & mini rockets, ice & fire, etc)
Run & slide
NPCs can revive you & you can revive NPCs
Instance Loot- no fighting with your buddies for that legendary
Opponent/player levels scale to our level so that level 40 psycho won't instantly crush your level 5er.
Tediore Walking Guns
Vending Machines have a feature to reload ammo w/o needing to enter vending machine interface. QUICK REFILL!!!

[video][/video]
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Stranger

Borderlands 3

Post by Stranger »

Skip to -2:25:00 to get past all the fluff and to the actual gameplay.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

Borderlands 3

Post by Leisher »

Remind me in 6 months when I care.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Borderlands 3

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Remind me in 6 months when I care.
lol. Not buying in September, eh?
Leisher
Site Admin

Borderlands 3

Post by Leisher »

I have established my position quite well.

I refuse to bend over for EGS and the publishers who take their bribes fucking myself and my fellow customers in the process. And for what? To play a video game 6 months earlier? Because I'm a child and can't wait? Because there aren't thousands of other games to play in the meantime?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Borderlands 3

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Because I'm a child...
I mean, that feels debatable.
GORDON
Site Admin

Borderlands 3

Post by GORDON »

I am also waiting.