Mostly PC, but console and mobile too
TheCatt
Site Admin

Borderlands 3

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote:
Stranger wrote: B2 100 golden keys!
C3W33-RZ6ZJ-TFJ6C-TTJ33-RFHX5
I just installed the game with the sole intention of using this shift code, and it's expired.
lol. I installed it just for the keys, too, but I did it the day he posted it.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Stranger

Borderlands 3

Post by Stranger »

GORDON wrote:
I just installed the game with the sole intention of using this shift code, and it's expired.

that sucks! i know Leisher used this code on Saturday night and it was good then.

Try this 25 key code: W3KJB-H9CBW-XRBRW-JTBTJ-9JRXK
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Stranger

Borderlands 3

Post by Stranger »

TheCatt wrote: Image

Was then deleted.
I'm guessing an April fools joke??

But i wouldn't be surprised if it is around that date, all other Borderlands games were released in either September or October, so it seems about right.

We will know on Wednesday the real release date.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
GORDON
Site Admin

Borderlands 3

Post by GORDON »

Stranger wrote:
GORDON wrote:

that sucks! i know Leisher used this code on Saturday night and it was good then.

Try this 25 key code: W3KJB-H9CBW-XRBRW-JTBTJ-9JRXK

Worked, thanks!
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Borderlands 3

Post by Leisher »

I DLed the game Saturday and played for a moment with Stranger. I have to admit, the graphics looked really dated. Not sure I'll actually go back and use those keys.

Also was a bit shocked to see Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel in my "Completed" section of Steam games. I have very little memory of playing it.

Can't wait for BL3.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Stranger

Borderlands 3

Post by Stranger »

Leisher wrote: I have to admit, the graphics looked really dated
I thought the same thing when i first played again, but then i remembered the game was released 7 years ago, doesn't seem that long.

Cool thing is, if you own B1 or B2 the ultra HD update is completely free this Wednesday.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
TheCatt
Site Admin

Borderlands 3

Post by TheCatt »

My wife and I went through the challenge levels for bl 2. Those were hard as fuck and we never finished them all.
Leisher
Site Admin

Borderlands 3

Post by Leisher »

Stranger wrote: Cool thing is, if you own B1 or B2 the ultra HD update is completely free this Wednesday.
That's why I didn't immediately uninstall. I look forward to Wednesday.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Borderlands 3

Post by Leisher »

Well, there goes my excitement...

BL3 might be an Epic Games exclusive.

Fuck Epic. Fuck every single person that supports this exclusivity shit.
GORDON
Site Admin

Borderlands 3

Post by GORDON »

I enjoy having reasons to not purchase things due to taking a stand.

Not sarcasm.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Borderlands 3

Post by TheCatt »

I already have the stupid Epic thing. So, I dunno. We'll see.
Stranger

Borderlands 3

Post by Stranger »

While i also would prefer to play it on Steam where 99% of my games live, it doesn't really bother me that much. I'll still buy it and play it.

I've also already got the Epic, Origin and Blizzard launchers, i actually like the Blizzard app.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
GORDON
Site Admin

Borderlands 3

Post by GORDON »

I like how every launcher wants to be resident at windows-startup and take resources while sitting there, doing nothing.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Borderlands 3

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: I like how every launcher wants to be resident at windows-startup and take resources while sitting there, doing nothing.
Yeah, this.
GORDON
Site Admin

Borderlands 3

Post by GORDON »

I like how you want to get a game, and it's only available on one service. So you install that service, in order to get the game. And you play it a while. Then you don't, and get a new PC, and forget about it a while. Then, you want to revisit that game, and can't remember which launcher you need to reinstall.

Then you can't remember your login info for that service.

That shit is super fun, and value added.
Leisher
Site Admin

Borderlands 3

Post by Leisher »

This isn't about trying to stop my PC from filling up with launcher after launcher, it's about taking a stand against corporations who are anti-consumer and who would rather bribe a company to put their game on their platform exclusively than spend that same money making their launcher better.

In a perfect world, it'd be released on all launchers and they would then have a price war to win your business. Epic is ensuring that doesn't happen by simply bribing the distributor. This is as anti-consumer as it gets.

If 2K/Take-Two announced they were only releasing it on platforms that aren't Steam/Epic to protest both the Epic Store's scumbag approach to business or Valve's large market share and larger percentage taken from game sales, I'd buy it from one of those other outlets without issue. Putting it out as an exclusive on the Epic Store is a deal killer for me.

A side note about Valve: They aren't without sin. They're wasting money on a bunch of shit nobody wants like consoles, VR headsets, and so on. They've dropped the ball on the Half-Life and Portal franchises. However, they are very pro-consumer and have never done anything with exclusivity. That's why GOG, HumbleBundle, etc. can operate without issue.

Epic doesn't give a fuck about consumers and their policies/plans prove it. They're so anti-consumer they make EA blush. (2K/Take-Two has been rapidly approaching EA's level of disdain by gamers too. Check out their NBA2K series and how shitty they've been treating their consumers.) By supporting them, you're also casting a vote against outlets like GoG, HumbleBundle, etc. By supporting them you're casting a vote against forums in your launcher and user reviews (both things Epic is staunchly against and has stated that in writing). By supporting them you're telling them you don't want competition between launchers and you want prices set by the launcher/distributors/etc. and not by the marketplace/demand.

And I haven't even mentioned how one of the big backers of Epic Games is Tencent, which is a very shady company that's been in the middle of various scandals and has obvious links to the Chinese government. So buying games on the Epic Store is a vote against the U.S.A.!!! :D

Ok jokes aside, those are the reasons I don't shop on the Epic Games store. I was THRILLED when they first launched and announced the free games every two weeks thing. I was very excited for Steam to get competition. Then Epic's policies and plans started to come out and I, like many other gamers, have distanced myself from the Epic Store.

And so nobody thinks I'm just anti-Epic or anti-2K, this exclusivity shit is the same reason why I won't buy State of Decay 2, which I really want (and one we could all co-op). It's a Microsoft Store exclusive. This exclusivity shit is why we lost some of the best sports series when EA started signing exclusive deals with pro sports leagues ensuring only they could use the actual teams and players. Now EA churns out the same dreck year after year because they have no competition and it's always at the highest price point. Remember the 2K NFL series that was better than Madden and half the price? Killed by exclusivity. Ever owned a console, but was pissed that a game would come out for another console, but not the one you owned? Exclusivity.

Thus, I'm out and would advise others to do the same. I will look forward to purchasing BL3 when it hits Steam, but I've got to be honest, even then I'm not sure I will. You know Epic is going to start asking these companies to make features exclusive to platforms, which fucks consumers even more. We have to punish that behavior, not reward it.
Leisher
Site Admin

Borderlands 3

Post by Leisher »

P.S. Here's a quote from Epic Games' Vice President Mark Rein:
Never underestimate the lack of "savvy-ness" of the American public.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Borderlands 3

Post by TheCatt »

Psycho finds peace - I assume fan art? Or is it official?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Borderlands 3

Post by TheCatt »

At least it will be super expensive, up to $250.
Borderlands 3 will release September 13, and the Epic Games Store will be the only place to get it on PC until April 2020. Here's everything else we know about Borderlands 3.
$100 if you want all the DLC campaigns.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Borderlands 3

Post by TheCatt »

Local co-op is a go

So... my wife and I are buying that :)