Borderlands 3

Mostly PC, but console and mobile too
Troy

Borderlands 3

Post by Troy »

Why is fighting for loot drops a bad thing. That’s like, the best part. “I will stab you in the face for that sword, with the same sword if I can pull it off”

They changed it in Diablo 3 too and I hated it for the same reason.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Borderlands 3

Post by TheCatt »

Troy wrote: Why is fighting for loot drops a bad thing. That’s like, the best part. “I will stab you in the face for that sword, with the same sword if I can pull it off”

Well, I believe it's a configurable option.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Stranger

Borderlands 3

Post by Stranger »

TheCatt wrote:
Troy wrote: Why is fighting for loot drops a bad thing. That’s like, the best part. “I will stab you in the face for that sword, with the same sword if I can pull it off”

Well, I believe it's a configurable option.
It is, you can select to play in standard loot mode.

I like the instanced mode when playing with strangers online, theres always someone that just rushes to known legendary drops and doesn't care if you die or not.

With friends its different, you can decide who's best to get the gun. Although, if you play instanced with 4 friends then you would effectively have 4 times the chance to get a legendary, right???
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
TheCatt
Site Admin

Borderlands 3

Post by TheCatt »

Stranger wrote: I like the instanced mode when playing with strangers online, theres always someone that just rushes to known legendary drops and doesn't care if you die or not.
This.

I don't plan to play with strangers, though, so I'd prefer the normal one.
Stranger wrote: Although, if you play instanced with 4 friends then you would effectively have 4 times the chance to get a legendary, right???
Good question. I would have assumed the instanced loot would be a fraction of the base loot. So instead of everyone seeing 20 items, each person sees 5, in 4 player game. Needs clarification.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Borderlands 3

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Borderlands 3

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt wrote: BL2 DLC coming to setup BL3?

https://www.unilad.co.uk/gaming/borderl ... sing-soon/
Available now
TheCatt
Site Admin

Borderlands 3

Post by TheCatt »

LOOT TIER: Legendary weapons are lovely and all, but now there’s an even rarer and more powerful tier in town: Effervescent. This tier features high stats, special effects, and some entrancing rainbow textures.

WEAPONS AND EQUIPMENT: With a new top loot tier comes new top loot, including super rare named firearms like a shotgun that fires…well, let’s just say there are ponies and rainbows and explosions.

CUSTOMIZATION OPTIONS: Each of the six Borderlands 2 Vault Hunters gets a new head and skin, while the two vehicle types receive three new skins apiece. Stylin’!

ENEMIES AND BOSSES: The toxic gas seems to be doing strange things to Pandora’s bandit and beast populations, mutating them into deadly “Infected” forms. Expect exploding plant monsters, ferocious boss battles, and a new Raid Boss!

AREAS: Shoot and loot your way through previously unexplored Pandoran locales, including the wreckage of a familiar space station and at least one forbidden research lab.

LEVEL CAP: Pursue the new level cap of 80 (up from 72) and challenge yourself to achieve the two new Overpowered Levels, accessible via Digistruct Peak.
Leisher
Site Admin

Borderlands 3

Post by Leisher »

I'll buy it when BL3 hits Steam.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Borderlands 3

Post by GORDON »

Leisher wrote: I'll buy it when BL3 hits Steam.
The BL2 DLC is free until July.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Borderlands 3

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote:
Leisher wrote: I'll buy it when BL3 hits Steam.
The BL2 DLC is free until July.
Yes, important toget now.

Got it for steam and xbox
Leisher
Site Admin

Borderlands 3

Post by Leisher »

It's on Steam? What a bunch of cunts.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Borderlands 3

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: It's on Steam? What a bunch of cunts.
Hah. For PC, I think it's only on Steam, at that
Stranger

Borderlands 3

Post by Stranger »

TheCatt wrote: Hah. For PC, I think it's only on Steam, at that
It's on Xbox too. I told my step son about it last night, so he DL'd and and passed it already.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
TheCatt
Site Admin

Borderlands 3

Post by TheCatt »

Stranger wrote:
It's on Xbox too. I told my step son about it last night, so he DL'd and and passed it already.
That was fast. How long did it take? Did he do the OP levels?
Stranger

Borderlands 3

Post by Stranger »

TheCatt wrote:
Stranger wrote:
That was fast. How long did it take? Did he do the OP levels?
I imagine he just ran through the storyline real quick, no grinding for level 80 and such. So it probably took him an hour or so.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
TheCatt
Site Admin

Borderlands 3

Post by TheCatt »

Tempted to buy an Xbox One X just to play this + BL3 on...
GORDON
Site Admin

Borderlands 3

Post by GORDON »

Tired of having to aim accurately?
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Borderlands 3

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Tired of having to aim accurately?
Just easier to co-op on the Xbox than a PC
TheCatt
Site Admin

Borderlands 3

Post by TheCatt »

I'm sad. My wife + I co'oped on the Xbox 360. But our stuff wasn't cloud saved. Got rid of the 360 years ago. So I have no saves for the new DLC, except on my PC.
Leisher
Site Admin

Borderlands 3

Post by Leisher »

I fired up BL2 for this free DLC last night.

Got to be honest, my enthusiasm for the series has taken a massive hit. It did not hold my interest for long. It didn't help that I think all my gear is fucked and I don't have the correct stuff equipped. My weapons seem to be doing paltry amounts of damage. Not sure if it's because I jumped on with Stranger and have some higher level items (that aren't equipped) or if I have crappy weapons equipped for some reason (maybe achievement farming?).

Plus, is it me or does it seem like the view is bad? You know how in C&C 3 (I think) the developers locked in your view to somewhere really close to the board? This was at a time when in other RTSs you could zoom out to space. The close view made it difficult to get an accurate view of the map. That's how I feel about BL right now. The gun seems to either take up too much of the screen or it's too close to my avatar's body or something. Maybe I have the resolution wrong or some other setting?