Left 4 Dead

Mostly PC, but console and mobile too
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I'd love to go through either L4D or L4D2 in co-op mode. Let me know if we're planning this and I'll make sure I'm up to date on patches and such.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Troy

Post by Troy »

I'm game for doing this. I noticed they added a new level (s) to this, so there is content I haven't done yet.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I would do both Left4Dead and Left4Dead2.

I haven't played the original in a while, so it'll seem like new content.

LOTS of achievements to grab that I don't have.

I'd be available weekend evenings after 9ish EST. (Once the rug rats are in bed.) Some weeknights if the wife doesn't want to watch something together.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Left 4 Dead

Post by Leisher »

All the original maps and characters are included in L4D2, so that's cool.

Advanced or Hard was fucking hard. Fun as hell though. Got me to swear out loud a lot.

Here's some info the difficulty levels: Link.

We need to do better on sticking together as a group and avoiding friendly fire.

Would we even make it 3 minutes in Realism Expert?
Leisher
Site Admin

Left 4 Dead

Post by Leisher »

Been thinking about our session all weekend. It was a blast. Definitely need to do it again, but with better coms. (And holy shit did Steam change their com setup. We need to give it another look. You can have permanent channels, sub channels, private membership, etc.)
Cakedaddy

Left 4 Dead

Post by Cakedaddy »

Discord didn't work?
Leisher
Site Admin

Left 4 Dead

Post by Leisher »

Troy had issues initially, then resolved them so we ended up on Discord. However, something was up because we still could barely hear or talk to him throughout the night. Stranger and I could talk immediately, but the game's volume was drowning us out. We found a setting, in the game I believe, that eliminated that issue.
Troy

Left 4 Dead

Post by Troy »

Going through usb c related compatibility issues with my old headsets. I sorted it out by using the macs questionable speaker and mic.
Cakedaddy

Left 4 Dead

Post by Cakedaddy »

OOOhhhhh. A Mac was involved.

That guy ITs indeed. . . .
Stranger

Left 4 Dead

Post by Stranger »

Fun playing this friday night, maybe playing on hard difficulty the first time i ever played wasn't the best idea. We held our own though, but damn friendly fire is brutal, I know i was shooting Troy in the back all night long.

I think as the night went i was getting better at finding a spot to stand and shoot while the onslaught came on then move to a new position. There seemed to be alot of narrow corridors where we were constantly running right in the line of each others fire.

I liked playing with the melee weapons but i just ended up getting shot in the back as i ran into the mix, seemed to work better if i let the zombies come to me and slice up the baddies that got past the other two's gunfire.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!