Eve Online

Mostly PC, but console and mobile too
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

I meant 32MB. Mine did creep up to 650 last night, but, I experienced no glitches/lag/locks/pauses/etc. I think my new hardware is the reason for that though.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

In the middle of my long mission last night, it started f'ing up... but i didnt die, so it was cool.

When I exited out, it was at 800MB.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

800MB of 1000MB?
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

800MB of 1000MB?
I feel real confident about my 256MB here.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

800MB of 1000MB?

Yep... but since my base Windows XP takes up 300MB, I was at 1.1GB.

Edited By TheCatt on 1137104204
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Why in holy hell is their website almost always slow, if not down altogether? How hard is it to run a fucking website when your other project is a MMOG?
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

I've found that their homepage often does not respond, yet other parts work.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

800MB of 1000MB?
I feel real confident about my 256MB here.
What type of RAM you use?

I've got the following spare modules lying around:
256MB 3200 DDR
512MB 133 SDRAM
256MB 133 SDRAM
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

I'll've to check when I get home. I'd almost swear it's SDRAM, but I might be wrongeth.
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

Don't know if you've been following things, but Shrike's Titan is dead. Goons and RA took him out. In battle even. Of course lag was an issue and blah blah blah. But BoB conceded the kill and it's gone. Videos and audio are floating around.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

What's a Titan.

"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

Vince

Post by Vince »

Does anyone here still play?
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Heh, that was a fun video.

How much does one cost?

What is it?

How long to get the skill to drive one?

Edited By GORDON on 1182574689
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

Cost is about 130 billion depending on what kind of equipment you have on it.

It's the biggest ship in the game. It has a 'doomsday device'. It does about 40k points of damage to anything within like 150km of it. So, it will wipe out anything from an averagely tanked battleship on down. So, you have to heavily tank your BS to survive. Battle cruisers, cruisers, frigs, etc are all destroyed. Because of this, it was always considered indestructable because it could wipe out any attacking force, then jump away to safety. They killed ALOT of ships and put a stop to most attacks cause you couldn't do anything against it. It also acts as a jump bridge. So, you can jump in a whole fleet from far away. So, instead of the enemy jumping in from the next system where you'd see them coming, they can jump in right next to you from several systems away.

Skills prolly take about a year if you bee lined right for them. Most pilots are 3+ years old. There's like 10 of them in the game.

That was the first one to be destroyed in combat. The other two died to exploits performed by BoB.

So, they did what many people considered impossible.

And I agree. Fun video. Not many games offer that rewarding of an experience. That event ended MANY months of HEAVY smack talk by that pilot/alliance.
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

Vince wrote:Does anyone here still play?
I don't play right now. But I would start again if I knew that BoB wasn't going to get any more GM/Developer assistance. I quit because they were cheating.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

So what kept them from being killed by that doomsaday attack?
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

He had already fired it. Can only fire it once per hour, or something like that. People were reporting that he was firing it again, it sounded like. But I think that was more capitals cyno (jumping) in. The visual affect for cyno'ing and DD'ing are similar.
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

Where you been? People are starting to miss you.
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

Don't know if you keep up with stuff, but:

1. Shrike has lost his 3rd Titan. Numbers 2 and 3 were both last week.

2. You are being partially blamed for the downfall of IRON.

Actually, they are just talking about how leadership disappeared. Although they mention you, they don't hold you completely responsible. They just miss you and wish you would lead them to the promised land.

3. Supposedly, lag is gone making room for major, large scale cap battles. One last week resulted in about 150 cap losses combined for both sides. Bob took the worste of it from what I understand.

Just a quick update. As it stands, Iron is dead. As in, inactive. Hardly any gangs/roams happening. Aliance is split with corps going where they want. And LOTS are whining on the board. Leadership wants 'plan A' to happen, many people don't like it so they don't do it while proposing 'Plans B, C, and D'. No one can agree on anything. Lots of egos crashing into each other and creating drama. I don't get it. If there's targets at plan A, don't know why we aren't there. I think people are just trying to make a point that they were right and leadership was wrong and are being thick headed. I dunno. Fuckin' politics. It's a damn game already. . .
It has inspired me to start studying the ships and stuff being that no one will lead me any more and tell me what to shoot and when. I actually have to figure it out on my own now.