Papa John's

Recipes, restaurants, food you should try, food you should avoid, etc.
Leisher
Site Admin

Papa John's

Post by Leisher »

The founder of Papa John's problems over the past year or two can be found in the NFL and NCAA threads, so I decided to combine them here.

Papa John's basically cutting all ties with founder.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Papa John's

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Papa John's

Post by TheCatt »

Sympathy level... non-existent.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Papa John's

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
Sympathy level... non-existent.
I would honestly care more if he clearly didn't respect consumers. You can't respect your customers and serve them that fucking miserable excuse for pizza.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Papa John's

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: You can't respect your customers and serve them that fucking miserable excuse for pizza.
In the late 90s, I liked it cuz it was new and different, but got over that pretty quickly.
Cakedaddy

Papa John's

Post by Cakedaddy »

I love me some Papa John's. They are few and far between up here, so haven't had them very much. Might be why I still like them.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Papa John's

Post by TheCatt »

Cakedaddy wrote: I love me some Papa John's. They are few and far between up here, so haven't had them very much. Might be why I still like them.
You in Detroit, right? Do you eat Detroit-style pizza? I used to go to some place near 12 mile that was good. Buddys?
GORDON
Site Admin

Papa John's

Post by GORDON »

PJs is my ex's fave. Close the thread.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Cakedaddy

Papa John's

Post by Cakedaddy »

Sure, Detroit. . .

I do, but don't care for it. I don't like cheese to the crust/corners/etc. Buddy's is really good, but WAY WAY WAY over priced. It's not THAT good. Best pizza here, in my opinion is actually a Chicago style pizza. Pizza Papalis.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Papa John's

Post by TheCatt »

Don't think I ever went there when I lived in Detroit. Only other place I can remember is Bellacino's, but that was a grinder place.
Leisher
Site Admin

Papa John's

Post by Leisher »

Cakedaddy wrote: I love me some Papa John's.
Sucks that it's not nearby for you. Let me help you! Go find an old, dusty piece of cardboard in your garage. Now cut it into a circle. Go get a can of tomatoes and open it. Pour about 2 tablespoons of the liquid onto the cardboard. That's plenty according to Papa Johns. Grab a packet of pepperoni. You should have a metric fuckton available, so take out 6 slices and put the rest into the fridge. Put those 6 slices on your pizza. Cover with just enough cheese to hide those 6 slices of pepperoni. Bake and overcharge yourself $20 for it.
Cakedaddy wrote: Pizza Papalis.
Seriously? If it's like the one here, there's got to be something better. It's not horrible or even bad, but it's not great.
Leisher
Site Admin

Papa John's

Post by Leisher »

I love Papa John's new commercials featuring their newest board member, Shaq. Huge fan about how they're playing it non-stop during sporting events.

It's not at all an over correction for their previous owner using the n word in a training meeting.
GORDON
Site Admin

Papa John's

Post by GORDON »

I thought the n-word thing wasn't him using it as an expletive, but... using it as an example of what not to say, or something.

I remember thinking he did nothing wrong, but still broke the n-word rule.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Papa John's

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: I thought the n-word thing wasn't him using it as an expletive, but... using it as an example of what not to say, or something.

I remember thinking he did nothing wrong, but still broke the n-word rule.
On the May call, when asked how he would distance himself from racist groups, Schnatter reportedly complained that KFC founder “Colonel Sanders called blacks niggers” and never faced any public backlash.

In a statement released by Kentucky-based Papa John’s on Wednesday, Schnatter said the reports of “inappropriate and hurtful” language made by him were true. “Regardless of the context, I apologise,” the statement said.
“Schnatter also discussed growing up in Indiana, where he said people would kill African-Americans by dragging them from their trucks—a reflection that was interpreted as offensive by other parties on the call, according to the report,” the Daily News reports.
Leisher
Site Admin

Papa John's

Post by Leisher »

To be fair, none of that is him using racial slurs in a malicious way.
GORDON
Site Admin

Papa John's

Post by GORDON »

That's what I remember. IIRC, the public backlash was "them" grabbing onto the n-word because... I think he has conservative politics. And as we know, those fuckers got to geeeoooo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b07sactDEKU
TheCatt
Site Admin

Papa John's

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON
Site Admin

Papa John's

Post by GORDON »

Summary?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Papa John's

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Summary?
I'm not going to summarize a 26s video.
Leisher
Site Admin

Papa John's

Post by Leisher »

He comes off as very unhinged.