Recalls

Recipes, restaurants, food you should try, food you should avoid, etc.
Leisher
Site Admin

Recalls

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Cakedaddy

Recalls

Post by Cakedaddy »

I don't trust ANY Walmart branded anything.

What in all the hell are they doing to chickens that they can sell eggs for $.99 per dozen? I'm not talking about poor treatment. That's obvious. I'm talking about keeping the chicken alive, collecting the eggs, putting them on a truck, hauling to stores, placing on shelves, refrigerating them, and selling them. For less than a $1 per dozen. The are some serious unnatural things going on. Same conversation can be had about pretty much everything they sell. It's all either HORRIBLE quality, or, produced in some altered dimension were it's best not to know what's going on.
GORDON
Site Admin

Recalls

Post by GORDON »

I learned a while back with my own laying chickens that instead of buying empty cartons for $1 a piece, it was cheaper to buy $.88 Walmart eggs and throw the eggs directly into the compost pile, and reuse the carton.

But economy of scale. A chicken lays an egg a day. It doesn't cost $1 to keep a dozen chickens alive for a day, provide the shelter, and the transport, when you have 50k chickens laying, that day. And you're one farm of 100 that supplies walmart.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Cakedaddy

Recalls

Post by Cakedaddy »

Keeping the chicken alive means food, shelter, heating/cooling, water, clean up. Collect them, put them in a carton. Probably automated. Load the carton on a pallet, put it in the truck. Drive the truck to the distribution hub to be combined with other stuff the store needs. Stock the shelf. Refrigerate them on the shelf. There's a lot of pennies adding up.

I would bet that their chickens are laying more than one egg a day. Meaning steroids/hormones/whatever. I get that all they have to do is make one penny off of each egg to end up with huge profits. But that's a 1% return. What's an acceptable return to make it worth pursuing? The opportunity costs? Ya. I'm going to go ahead and believe those are nuclear eggs and shouldn't be eaten.

The only other theory I would buy is that they take a loss on eggs because it brings people into the store. See Costco $5 rotisserie chickens as an example.
GORDON
Site Admin

Recalls

Post by GORDON »

Walmart does some pretty hardcore pressuring of suppliers to sell at near cost (or even below) at risk of.losing Walmart as a giant customer.

I don't think anyone gets rich selling to Walmart.
Cakedaddy

Recalls

Post by Cakedaddy »

They also lower the quality of their products for the Walmart shelves. An LG 42" at Walmart < LG 42" at Best Buy. Rubbermade tote at Walmart < tote at Office Max (thinner gauge plastic). Etc.

I hear you. But still say them eggs ain't safe. . .
Vince

Recalls

Post by Vince »

I'm with Gordo on the eggs. Started with 6 layers. Problem you run into isn't cost. You run out of room long before you run out of money if you don't have buyers. We couldn't even hardly give enough away to make room. That's with one fridge dedicated to eggs.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
GORDON
Site Admin

Recalls

Post by GORDON »

Yep. At times the eggs get thrown back to the chickens.
Leisher
Site Admin

Recalls

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Troy

Recalls

Post by Troy »

Leisher wrote: Zantac
Fuuuuuuck.

I have taken a lot of that in the last 10 years or so.
Leisher
Site Admin

Recalls

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Recalls

Post by TheCatt »

At first I thought this was in the canceled thread, and I was like "REALLY?"
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Recalls

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Recalls

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Recalls

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 1:14 pm Seems like the best place for this...

Food wrappers from tons of fast food places and grocery stores found to contain toxins.
That's why I don't eat the wrappers.
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Recalls

Post by GORDON »

TheCatt wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 1:43 pm
Leisher wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 1:14 pm Seems like the best place for this...

Food wrappers from tons of fast food places and grocery stores found to contain toxins.
That's why I don't eat the wrappers.
Well I'm sure as hell gonna stop. I'll get my fiber elsewhere.
Leisher
Site Admin

Recalls

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Recalls

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Recalls

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Recalls

Post by Leisher »

Nature's Fix tianeptine products

That's not just a recall. Seems like the FDA wants it off shelves immediately and possibly forever, or at least, as is.

Robitussin Honey cough syrups.

This is an impactful one because Robitussin is the brand people with CKD have to use. Most other cough syrups have drugs that do kidney damage.