Buffalo Wild Wings

Recipes, restaurants, food you should try, food you should avoid, etc.
Leisher
Site Admin

Buffalo Wild Wings

Post by Leisher »

Gets blasted in public letter.

He's right on most points.

There's several BWs in this area, and my lunch group frequented one for lunch often in the past. It used to be packed for lunch all the time, and cheaper than the Jed's down the road.

Now it's a different story. The place is a ghost town during lunch. Food quality has dropped, and the portions have done the same.

They used to have great lunch prices and now not only are the prices higher, but the quantites are suspect. Actual numbers have been replaced by words. So instead of ordering 8 or 12 wings, you order small or snack. That doesn't equate to the same numbers... In other words, they can change the number you get anytime they want without letting customers know they're changing it.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Stranger

Re: Buffalo Wild Wings

Post by Stranger »

Not to mention the beer prices are waaaaaay to high.. I actually can't remember the last time I went to a BW3, used to be one of the best sports bars around.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Plus, how can they get away with calling the different shaped pieces "two wings" when they are, in fact, the two parts of a single wing? That's bullshit.

But I've never been a big fan of BWW. When the one opened near me we went there a few times.... I remember ordering a pulled pork sandwich and the meat barely covered the bottom of the bun. And I recently saw how they changed to the snack/small/whatever portions of wings.... it hadn't occurred to me that was how they'd change portions on the fly. I bet every server gets asked every time "How many wings are in the medium order?"
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

I went to one for the first time in forever a few months ago. It just wasn't good. The wings were small and ridiculously expensive for what they were. The rest of the food was just meh at best.
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

One day in the Upper Peninsula it was the only option for lunch. We went in at 11:30, on a work day..... we were literally the only people in there. I want to say it was one of the exits near Sault Ste Marie.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote:One day in the Upper Peninsula it was the only option for lunch. We went in at 11:30, on a work day..... we were literally the only people in there. I want to say it was one of the exits near Sault Ste Marie.
Ditto.

And nice, be sure to bring that up to my wife next time we get together.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

When he raised the issue to staffer, Cook says he was told, "Sorry unfortunately this happens because the chicken is fresh."
Like you keep a farm out back and someone accidentally forgot to kill it before tossing it in the deep fryer whole?
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I could accept a mistake with an "Oops, sorry about that," but the lie would piss me off and then I'd put it on twitter, too.