Balance Grille

Recipes, restaurants, food you should try, food you should avoid, etc.
Leisher
Site Admin

Balance Grille

Post by Leisher »

Another Toledo creation and one to watch.

Pan Asian food.

This place is doing HUGE business. They opened their first location near a massive and massively popular workout place, and I think it's been 3 or so years and they already have two more locations in the area. I really think they're on track to become a nation chain.

Fresh, healthy food with amazingly good sauces served in perfect portions, plus Bubble Tea. You step in, place your order (pick your dish, your protein, your starch), wait for a moment and then you can eat there or head out. It's fast food, but not.

It's quick and cheap. It's healthy and fresh. Kids love the bubble tea. It's "hip" with their scrolling live Twitter feed monitors. Each location is none stop women because the food is right in their wheelhouse, yet hearty and spicy enough for any man. It has national chain written all over it.

And yeah, spicy. They don't play around.

If you have the chance, here's my recommendations:
Apps -
Creamy Wontons
Fried brussel sprouts

Both are delicious and cheap. I think the wontons are $4 and the sprouts $3.

Meals -
I love the Thai Guy (spicy peanut sauce) and the Nuts 4 Pao (spicy, but not a peanut sauce). The Bag Bang Tacos are also good.

My kids dig the Sweet and Sour, but be warned that the veggies are abundant in this dish. It threw one of my kids off who expected something more like nuggets.

My wife likes the Mongo Tacos.

Each location is really not much bigger than a standalone Subway.

Anyway, if you're here or they make it nationally, try it.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Re: Balance Grille

Post by Leisher »

Ordered "Thai Guy" from here today. It has Fresno peppers on it, which I normally handle without much complaint.

However, today they were green, not the bright red they normally are and they damn near burnt my face off. My mouth and lips were burning so badly that it become difficult to breath. I stuck my face under a faucet for about 5 minutes and used soap to wash the oils off my lips.

Holy shit was that hot. No idea if the pepper was something different or cross pollinated with something hotter, but I don't want to eat one ever again.

Fresno peppers are apparently slightly less than or equal to a jalapeno. I eat both all the time. Habaneros I don't eat on their own, but typically can eat whatever is flavored with them. Whatever I ate I'd rank above them in heat.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Malcolm

Re: Balance Grille

Post by Malcolm »

Wuss.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
Leisher
Site Admin

Balance Grille

Post by Leisher »

I discovered what happened when I almost melted my mouth. When Fresno peppers are out of season, they use other peppers. Last night I got serranos, which were fine. I believe on that day I got habaneros.
Leisher
Site Admin

Balance Grille

Post by Leisher »

Using ingredients grown in their own aquaponic farm.

Seriously, keep an eye on this chain. Still local, but they've opened 4 locations now and they're all always packed. Fresh, healthy food.
GORDON
Site Admin

Balance Grille

Post by GORDON »

Hippy food.

That being said, never heard of it.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Balance Grille

Post by Leisher »

The closest one to you is probably the new downtown one? Or would it be the one in Perrysburg near the Costco?
Leisher
Site Admin

Balance Grille

Post by Leisher »

Balance added three soups for the winter months. Only one is available per week, and they rotate. All are healthy as fuck. I believe all or at least one are glutten free as well.

A sour one that is very good, but I could see not being someone's cup of tea or getting old fast.

A mushroom soup that's a lot of broth, and good, but it's like a french onion soup in consistency with large chunks of kale, mushrooms, etc.

A kickin' tomato that is easily the best soup I've ever had in my life, and I eat soup everywhere. The perfect amount of spice and the consistency is more like a puree than a soup. It's clearly not broth or cream based. Fucking delicious.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Balance Grille

Post by TheCatt »

Soup isn't food.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Balance Grille

Post by Leisher »

I'll bitch slap you.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Balance Grille

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: I'll bitch slap you.
Do you have the strength for that when you don't even eat real food?
Leisher
Site Admin

Balance Grille

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
Leisher wrote: I'll bitch slap you.
Do you have the strength for that when you don't even eat real food?
Do you think I order soup as my main entree?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Balance Grille

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Do you think I order soup as my main entree?
I assume you order it to warm your hands or feet.
GORDON
Site Admin

Balance Grille

Post by GORDON »

Soup's an appetizer for the food.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Balance Grille

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Soup's an appetizer for the food.
This guy soups.
Cakedaddy

Balance Grille

Post by Cakedaddy »

Soup is something you consume to leave room for food.

Except for Chili. Chili is food.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Balance Grille

Post by TheCatt »

Cakedaddy wrote: Except for Chili. Chili is food.
Chili is not soup.
Cakedaddy

Balance Grille

Post by Cakedaddy »

TheCatt wrote:
Cakedaddy wrote: Except for Chili. Chili is food.
Chili is not soup.
Ya. That's what I said.