I started using the Burger King app on my phone, since we're there at least once a week. Quick note: A triple Whopper and a Coke zero still enables me to keep to my diet. One bun worth of carbs, no sugar, and triple the protein. But I digress, the app:
1. All kinds of coupons on there not available without the app. I typically use the "$3 off a $10 order," because that eliminates all the silliness of trying to figure out if a $5 "2 whopper juniors/2 small fries/2 small drinks" calculation if that's a good deal. Oh... you can only use one of those coupons per order. So one must choose.
2. You can customize sammitches and remove items, but can't add "extra" whatever. Slight negative.
3. You plug your credit card into the app and pay there, so that can be convenient if I ever accidentally leave the house without my wallet and need food, which happens once or twice a year. This, of course, is also a potential security risk. Just make sure that particular credit card company will be cool about fraud, and will be quick to replace a card, if compromised. Another bonus is that I'm not handing my card to the minimum wage kid with a card skimmer.
4. You make the order whenever, and then when you pull into the BK driveway push the "I'm here" button. This ensures your food doesn't get made 20 minutes ahead of time. Pull up to the counter or drive through and say, "Mobile order for (your name here)." They'll say "Ok, pull around." Super easy. Barely an inconvenience.
5. My kid would be able to use the app for food if he were ever stuck somewhere without cash.
So, I give the app a thumbs up. Could be little better, but could be a lot worse.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."