Drugs

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
Leisher
Site Admin

drugs and

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
Pot isn't sunshine and roses, but I'll still take legalization any day.
I agree, but I would draw the line there.

If a drug can kill you the first time you try it, it shouldn't be legal. Unless it's a potential cure for your terminal cancer and you've agreed to the risk.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

drugs and

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: If a drug can kill you the first time you try it, it shouldn't be legal.
In theory alcohol can... but yes, I would not advocate legalization of harder drugs. But, maybe it would work if people got disinterested in the thrill of breaking laws. I've kinda forgotten what that feels like.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Vince

drugs and "drugs"

Post by Vince »

Leisher wrote:I agree, but I would draw the line there.

If a drug can kill you the first time you try it, it shouldn't be legal. Unless it's a potential cure for your terminal cancer and you've agreed to the risk.
You can hold enough salt in one hand to kill yourself when ingested. I had a teacher once that wondered what an alien race coming here would think that we put a substance that is essentially poison on everything we eat.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
TheCatt
Site Admin

drugs and

Post by TheCatt »

Vince wrote:
Leisher wrote:I agree, but I would draw the line there.

You can hold enough salt in one hand to kill yourself when ingested. I had a teacher once that wondered what an alien race coming here would think that we put a substance that is essentially poison on everything we eat.
Probably an alien race smart enough to know that some things they ingest might kill them in large quantities, too.

Salt's pretty essential to life. I don't recommend trying to live without it.
Vince

drugs and "drugs"

Post by Vince »

True. Fortunately we'll never have to explain it to them because they aren't coming :-)

Hell, we can kill ourselves drinking water. Or starve to death eating only too lean of meat.
Leisher
Site Admin

drugs and

Post by Leisher »

Apples contain arsenic.
Vince wrote: Fortunately we'll never have to explain it to them because they aren't coming
They may not visit, but the math says they're out there.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Vince

drugs and "drugs"

Post by Vince »

Leisher wrote: They may not visit, but the math says they're out there.
Too many unkowns to really even form an educated guess. Was watching a NOVA on Mars the other day. They were explaining why Mars doesn't have any life now. Doesn't have an atmosphere because it wasn't big enough to have a molten core. Ferrite has to be in the core to produce the magnetic field (we think... still only theories as to why we have a magnetic field). So the solar winds stripped the atmosphere away. Do we have any way of determining if these planets we're finding have a magnetic field at this point?

Don't get me wrong, I think the stuff we're learning is fascinating and we should keep doing it. It seems like they're making a lot of uneducated guesses to the point of wish-casting when they report some of this stuff. And I understand it. You want the generate interest in what you're doing.

This should probably be in the space thread.
Leisher
Site Admin

drugs and

Post by Leisher »

Definitely the wrong thread, but no there are a lot of educated guesses. The number of Earth like planets where life could begin is in the tens of thousands in our galaxy alone.
Leisher
Site Admin

drugs and

Post by Leisher »

Huge ruling coming today.

If the judge rules against Johnson and Johnson it's going to be chaos in the courts.
GORDON
Site Admin

drugs and

Post by GORDON »

They'd be required to fix the opiode epidemic with a 30 year plan?

I can do it in one year, and charge them half the money to do it.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Vince

drugs and "drugs"

Post by Vince »

A lot of folks are going to be in a lot of pain moving forward if this goes through.
Leisher
Site Admin

drugs and

Post by Leisher »

GORDON
Site Admin

drugs and

Post by GORDON »

Feels like the doctors not controlling the prescriptions would be more to blame that the maker of the drug.
Leisher
Site Admin

drugs and

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

drugs and

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

drugs and

Post by Leisher »

GORDON
Site Admin

drugs and

Post by GORDON »

ALl part of the plan.
Leisher
Site Admin

drugs and

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

drugs and

Post by TheCatt »

Vince

drugs and "drugs"

Post by Vince »

This is why I don't want the government in charge of anything.

What kind of incompetent do you have to be to lose money selling pot? We all had classmates that would have had trouble holding down a burger flipping job that made money selling pot.