Drugs

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
TheCatt
Site Admin

drugs and

Post by TheCatt »

It's not me, it's someone else.
TheCatt
Site Admin

drugs and

Post by TheCatt »

In Vegas. Bought some pot. Not sure what to do with it :)
Troy

drugs and "drugs"

Post by Troy »

Roll it into a joint, using a business card for a filter.

Or you could stick it up your butt. I don't know that will do anything, but it would be funny.
Leisher
Site Admin

drugs and

Post by Leisher »

Troy wrote: Or you could stick it up your butt. I don't know that will do anything, but it would be funny.
I triple dog dare you.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

drugs and

Post by TheCatt »

Lol. I got edibles though. I'm too old to smoke shit
GORDON
Site Admin

drugs and

Post by GORDON »

Burnout.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Vince

drugs and "drugs"

Post by Vince »

This girl is brilliant.
Also, the drug thread has fallen way down the list since Malcolm left.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
TheCatt
Site Admin

drugs and

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt wrote: Lol. I got edibles though. I'm too old to smoke shit
I never ate them :(
TheCatt
Site Admin

drugs and

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

drugs and

Post by Leisher »

I support this bill.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

drugs and

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt wrote:
TheCatt wrote: Lol. I got edibles though. I'm too old to smoke shit
I never ate them :(
I may or may not have eaten them later and may or may not have been underwhelmed, despite maybe having eaten 3 of them, perhaps. Theoretically.

In semi-related news, Massachusetts theoretically allowed legal sales as of July 1st, but looks like September before anyone will actually sell anything. I go up there each month for my new job.
TheCatt
Site Admin

drugs and

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

drugs and

Post by Leisher »

New study being done to prove marijuana helps with menstrual cramps.

Marijuana legal in Canada.

I think it's time to remove the myth of pot and legalize it. I know Trump has considered it, and it's win-win. He would blow liberals' minds by doing something they fight for, and imagine how much good it would do the nation:
-Money saved in not investigating/prosecuting marijuana.
-Money saved in not housing/feeding marijuana offenders.
-Tax revenue created from marijuana sales.
-Snack sales skyrocket.
-No more fear of John and Suzie Suburban becoming criminals for doing something that only could hurt themselves.

Just tie its legalization into stricter laws regarding crimes committed while high/drunk. That will appease those folks on the right still not sold on legalizing pot. Sure, in a perfect world people wouldn't need to get high, but Darwin says to let 'em.

I just don't know how you can continue to make something illegal in the name of public safety when science proves its very positive effects for people with health issues.
TheCatt
Site Admin

drugs and

Post by TheCatt »

Marijuana does have harmful side effects. But that's up to people to self-regulate, or maybe we do like we do cigs + alcohol.

That being said, fuck off government, it should be legal.
Leisher
Site Admin

drugs and

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Marijuana does have harmful side effects. But that's up to people to self-regulate, or maybe we do like we do cigs + alcohol.
That's my point. It's no more harmful than those, legal, drugs.

And FAR less harmful than prescription drugs that can kill you.
Cakedaddy

drugs and "drugs"

Post by Cakedaddy »

The medicinal value of it may be there, but the way it's 'dispensed' is bullshit. It should be regulated and treated like any other medicine. I can't 'grow' Oxy, morphine, or even penicillin in my basement. Why is it different for this 'medicine'.

Medicinal weed, in its current form, is just a cover for recreational use and a stepping stone for legalization. I would bet 80% of the people with cards don't really use it for medicine.

Legalize it through normal channels. Create and prescribe it through normal channels. This bullshit where random pothead Joe can 'dispense medicine' is bullshit.

I actually don't want weed legalized. I've seen it as a gateway drug way too many times. I'd even be ok with another prohibition so I don't have to hear the "It's not any worse than alcohol" argument. Although, I know a lot of people that have drank alcohol and never tried any other drugs. I don't know ANYone that's smoked weed and hasn't experimented with other drugs. So, to me, there is a big difference. But at any rate, legalizing it and it being medicine are two separate issues. This hybrid bullshit system they have now is, again, bullshit.

And the "it only hurts themselves" is fine, except it doesn't. When I have to pay the medical/support expenses of the people that can't police themselves. . . it doesn't just hurt them. Keep it away from them, I say.

Threat them like firearms. As long as you are a responsible productive person, you can have one. But if you are a criminal and a drain on society, then you can't have one. Include alcohol, large drinks with sugar, and anything else like that in there too, if you want.

Let's see. . . can I derail this any further?
Leisher
Site Admin

drugs and

Post by Leisher »

Cakedaddy wrote: I don't know ANYone that's smoked weed and hasn't experimented with other drugs.
Hi.
Cakedaddy wrote: The medicinal value of it may be there
Not "may", absolutely IS.
Cakedaddy wrote: but the way it's 'dispensed' is bullshit.
No argument at all.
Cakedaddy wrote: Threat them like firearms. As long as you are a responsible productive person, you can have one. But if you are a criminal and a drain on society, then you can't have one.
I'm down.
Cakedaddy

drugs and "drugs"

Post by Cakedaddy »

My choice of 'may' wasn't a statement of 'is not'. Only a statement of "I'm not a doctor or educated on the subject so can neither confirm nor deny". And if you chose to believe what you read on the Internet and say 'IS', that's ok. :-)

I would say the same thing about medicine to treat restless leg syndrome.
TheCatt
Site Admin

drugs and

Post by TheCatt »

Cakedaddy wrote: Why is it different for this 'medicine'.
Why is it different for alcohol and cigarettes, which have no redeeming value?
Cakedaddy wrote: Create and prescribe it through normal channels.
No. Fuck your channels. I can make my own beer, why not my own weed?
Cakedaddy wrote: Threat them like firearms. As long as you are a responsible productive person, you can have one. But if you are a criminal and a drain on society, then you can't have one. Include alcohol, large drinks with sugar, and anything else like that in there too, if you want.
Thanks, Big Government, for giving me rights.

I've tried one other drug: LSD. No coke, heroin, MDMA, etc.

I'm pretty sure taking people's alcohol + ciggies away won't be popular, so I don't think it's feasible. Besides, just look at how damaging a complete lack of alcohol + drugs can be.
Cakedaddy

drugs and "drugs"

Post by Cakedaddy »

Because alcohol isn't prescribed/controlled as a medicine.

Because weed is an illegal substance. Beer is not.

When your right leads to me paying to support you, ya, I want it taken away.

I'm guessing instead of reading my whole post, this is the "I just want to argue" Catt.
Last edited by Cakedaddy on Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.