Drugs

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
TheCatt
Site Admin

drugs and

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Don't worry, Trump will legalize it nationally right before his next election.
!RmindMe in 2 years. Cuz I say bullshit.
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

drugs and

Post by GORDON »

TheCatt wrote:
Leisher wrote: Don't worry, Trump will legalize it nationally right before his next election.
!RmindMe in 2 years. Cuz I say bullshit.
And the left will suddenly claim they always wanted drugs to be MORE illegal, and this is going to destroy America.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

drugs and

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Cuz I say bullshit.
I think Trump's long game is to become a two term president to reinforce that "He's the best president we've ever had. Just wonderful. Other people are presidents, but he's the best." Not to help the country, just to support his own ego. Point being, I think he'll do anything to achieve that. I wouldn't be shocked if he dangles that as a carrot for after he wins. "The first thing I'll do after winning is to legalize recreational marijuana. And we'll have the best marijuana. Other countries will wish they had our marijuana."
GORDON wrote: And the left will suddenly claim they always wanted drugs to be MORE illegal, and this is going to destroy America.
I laughed and then got sad when I realized it's closer to reality than a joke.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

drugs and

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: "The first thing I'll do after winning is to legalize recreational marijuana. And we'll have the best marijuana. Other countries will wish they had our marijuana."
That'd be pretty nice. But I won't hold my breath.
TheCatt
Site Admin

drugs and

Post by TheCatt »

Cakedaddy wrote: I actually don't want weed legalized. I've seen it as a gateway drug way too many times.
Did those people actually start with alcohol, then go to weed?
Cakedaddy

drugs and "drugs"

Post by Cakedaddy »

No. Not in any of the cases. They all started with weed. Just kidding. I don't know. But what I do know, are TONS of people who have used alcohol/tobacco, but not weed or higher.

Also, learned about something called CBD. The actual medicinal property of cannabis. Something that traditional weed is very low in. What traditional weed is 'high' in, is THC. The psychoactive part of weed. So, really, weed is not very good at making you well, or curing your ailment. But it's really good at making you high. However, Hemp is very high in CBD, but very low in THC. You know, making you well, but not getting you high. CBD oils can be purchased on line, legally, right now.

In summary. Weed never had to be made legal for medicinal purposes. CBD which is the medicinal part of cannabis was ALREADY LEGAL AND AVAILABLE. This just drives home the fact that weed as medicine is bullshit. People who smoke weed aren't trying to cure themselves. They just want to get high. If they wanted to cure themselves, they would be using CBD.
GORDON
Site Admin

drugs and

Post by GORDON »

Weed should be legal because I like to have freedom.
Cakedaddy

drugs and "drugs"

Post by Cakedaddy »

Then so should Meth.

I don't have a problem with you being free. Until your freedom starts costing me money and I have to support you. Which often happens with drugs. "Why can't I take these pills? It's not hurting anyone but me." Until I have to start taking care of you.

I'm not about taking your freedoms away. I'm about protecting myself from your ignorance. (Your meaning the people that can't be responsible for their poor decisions)
GORDON
Site Admin

drugs and

Post by GORDON »

I don't think people should have to buy healthcare for other people because I like freedom.
Cakedaddy

drugs and "drugs"

Post by Cakedaddy »

But we do. You can't change one and not the other. Well, unless you are liberal. Everyone should be able to do what they want and other people should pay for it.

I think we should fix having to pay for other people's ignorance before giving them more freedom to be ignorant.
GORDON
Site Admin

drugs and

Post by GORDON »

I agree I shouldn't pay for my neighbor's health issues because he is morbidly obese.

But I don't think I want to have less freedom in the meantime.
Cakedaddy

drugs and "drugs"

Post by Cakedaddy »

But you are about to give him access to more sugar without removing the requirement that you keep him alive.
GORDON
Site Admin

drugs and

Post by GORDON »

And that's fucked up.

Doubly so, since I have no say in how my elected representative votes because I'm not rich.

I.think I still want as much freedom to make my own decisions as I can get, though.
Cakedaddy

drugs and "drugs"

Post by Cakedaddy »

And I guess I'll keep paying for them.
TheCatt
Site Admin

drugs and

Post by TheCatt »

This is what makes me nervous about using edibles.

GORDON
Site Admin

drugs and

Post by GORDON »

It takes a LOT to make me think I need a doctor. I'd jump.
TheCatt
Site Admin

drugs and

Post by TheCatt »

Analysis from Lancet on harmfulness of various drugs.

Cakedaddy

drugs and "drugs"

Post by Cakedaddy »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics ... a41942146e

This article says that all anyone cares about are the white people dying from opiod overdoses. That people ignore the blacks and only talk about the whites.

Am I the only one that never picked up on the 'race' of the opiod epidemic? At no point did I think it didn't include black people. Any time it's talked about, I didn't chalk it up as a 'white people' problem. I also didn't think it was only white trailer parks being affected, and that the ghetto was not affected.

Fuck you Washington Post for making me a racist again because I'm white.
Cakedaddy

drugs and "drugs"

Post by Cakedaddy »

Am I reading that chart wrong, or is cannabis worse than Ecstasy? Because I thought cannabis was non-addictive and good for you.

Oh snap. And worse than LSD?
GORDON
Site Admin

drugs and

Post by GORDON »

Cakedaddy wrote: https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics ... a41942146e

This article says that all anyone cares about are the white people dying from opiod overdoses. That people ignore the blacks and only talk about the whites.

Am I the only one that never picked up on the 'race' of the opiod epidemic? At no point did I think it didn't include black people. Any time it's talked about, I didn't chalk it up as a 'white people' problem. I also didn't think it was only white trailer parks being affected, and that the ghetto was not affected.

Fuck you Washington Post for making me a racist again because I'm white.
Yeah, the "race" of the opiode epidemic never occurred to me.

And know what? Lots of mentally ill people would claim that I never thought about it because of my white privilege, and no one is going to call them out on that horse shit.