The College Thread

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
Leisher
Site Admin

Plan on sending your son to college?

Post by Leisher »

Lori Loughlin's YouTube star daughter is "devastated".

She's been completely off social media because of nasty messages she's getting and has lost all of her sponsors.
"Olivia is devastated and completely embarrassed. She feels like she's lost nearly all of her friends because of this. She's barely speaking to her parents," a friend who has been in communication with her told CNN.
Sounds to me like she's a spoiled brat pouting for attention.

Listen, I get it, it's a shitty situation, but it's one that your parents made, with or without your knowledge, and it was done FOR YOU. You may be coming to that realization, or not, but your whole life is a lie. Your parents have done everything for you. They made you. They're the reason you almost assuredly went to private schools. They're the reason you had all the best stuff in life. They're the reason you got into the college of your choice. They're the reason you had the resources available to make you into a YouTube star.

So for you to make this all about yourself and not support them is really a statement about your immaturity and ignorance.

Your folks broke the law for you. You can be mad about it, but you should be there for them as they pay for it.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Well.

I do feel a little bad for her. She's a stupid kid, wasn't raised in the real world, and is unprepared to live in it. Parents' fault.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Well.

I do feel a little bad for her. She's a stupid kid, wasn't raised in the real world, and is unprepared to live in it. Parents' fault.
Me too. That's why I put this line in there:
Leisher wrote: So for you to make this all about yourself and not support them is really a statement about your immaturity and ignorance.
What wouldn't you do for your kid though? I mean, where your kid goes isn't exactly a convenient arrangement for you. You hope that someday he recognizes the sacrifices you made.

On a different note, read towards the bottom of the article. Huffman (and the other parents in her group that took a deal) stood up, accepted her guilt, and is basically getting off with a slap on the wrist.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Sounds to me like she's a spoiled brat pouting for attention.
That's all I could think.
It's not me, it's someone else.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: What wouldn't you do for your kid though?
I wouldn't have done any of this. But I certainly fight for my kid.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Yeah... I like to think I'm a little better than that. Straight-up buying a spot in a college he didn't earn his way in to... that is not a good lesson in having integrity.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Yeah... I like to think I'm a little better than that. Straight-up buying a spot in a college he didn't earn his way in to... that is not a good lesson in having integrity.
This.

Also, if I were going to buy my kid into a school, it'd be a better one than USC.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Also, if I were going to buy my kid into a school, it'd be a better one than USC.
Zing!

I wouldn't buy my kid into school either. How is that helping your kid? However, they thought they were helping their kid, and that was my point.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I mean, if it's going to cost you a quarter mil bribe to get the kid into a middling uni, then just set them up with good life skills and use that quarter mil as marriage seed money, or something.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

They don't have the ability to give their kid good life skills, that's why they pay for everything.

I'm betting mom and dad missed a lot of recitals.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Mom is a.child actress, too? No grounding in reality at all.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Mom is a.child actress, too? No grounding in reality at all.
Wikipedia says, yes...
After becoming interested in acting as a young child,[3] Loughlin began her career at age 11 as a print model,[9] recalling:

My mom had a friend that was going into Manhattan to meet with an agency for modeling. She was taking her teenage daughters in and she asked my mom if I wanted to go along. My mom reluctantly let me go, but I don't think she ever thought anything would come of it. And I went in and they handed me a contract and said, "We'll take you."[3]

At 15, she was cast in the ABC soap opera The Edge of Night, playing the part of Jody Travis, an aspiring dancer,[9] appearing in the series from 1980 to 1983.[1] From 1983 to 1988, Loughlin appeared in a number of feature films and television guest spots.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

She was fucking Aunt Becky in Full House. If you honestly don't know her from that show I envy you, but wonder how the hell you missed that. I hated that show with a passion, but know all about it.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: She was fucking Aunt Becky in Full House. If you honestly don't know her from that show I envy you, but wonder how the hell you missed that. I hated that show with a passion, but know all about it.
Yes, I knew that, but BEFORE that, was she a child actress, too? was the question.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Re the daughter:

"Let her earn her money on the casting couch the way her mom did."

Ouch.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Good news, God is helping Lori through it
Her faith wasn't strong enough to prevent her from committing a crime and hurting others, but it'll save her now?

Also, if we're ranking her and her daughers...I would.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Also, if we're ranking her and her daughers...I would.
Probably mom, too.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
Leisher wrote: Also, if we're ranking her and her daughers...I would.
Probably mom, too.
I included her. Although, she's an idiot.

Doesn't understand that she broke the law and did something wrong.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: I included her. Although, she's an idiot.
Oh, I just read "her daughters"